Arctic Cat Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8,533 Posts
Can anyone tell me what year and models the zuki engines are in from when to when and what size cc if anyone has that info
Pretty sure 98-09 and they're 500cc.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I am almost positive you can change the whole exhaust over to a newer year. 2006 and up all fit. The 05 was a year all by itself because of the way the muffler mounts to the header pipe.
You would need a header pipe and a muffler. A lot easier to find.
That is some great info thank you

·
Administrator
7,565 Posts
05 and up for your frame and body style. I believe in 09 Cat went to a 550. So 05 thru 08 had the suzook mota and your body style. I rejetted and used dyno jet kit and did a muffler mod. Holy cow did it wake up the 500. Night and day difference in 'get up and go" and top end. Had to purchase a larger pilot jet from a kehien carb dealer. Just a guess here but probably the only difference in these pipes/mufflers is how they mount to the frame and someone with a small welder should get you up and running.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thanks everyone for your help I'm gunna buy one off eBay with the info I have now my biggest issue was spending 100 fillers on a pipe that I dident know if it would even bend the right way to reach the muffler properly but with everyone's help and knowledge in sure I'll be fine now I dident know I could use one from a different year and make it fit on mine

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
10 Participants
05ac
Arctic Cat Forum
Arctic Cat forum is a community to discuss Arctic Cat 400, 440, 500, 650, snowmobiles, sleds, ATV's and more. Join the fun!
Full Forum Listing