Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I rolled my 06 xfire with <100 miles on. Came around a corner and hit the brake after turning in (stupid, especially since i've rolled b4 doing that) cause there was someone coming the other way.

Cracked the hood in three places over the tie down strap and down the side. I'm going tohave to try and epoxy it and have seen lots of suggestions on here. I'll try that and see how it goes.

The other issue is that the radiator cap popped off in the roll (how/why i have no idea). I lost some coolant, but luckily i was only about 1 mile from the truck and got back fine. Now, is there anything i should worry about since it was on it's side for about 5-10 seconds (resevior side down) with out the cap? Air pockets or anything? Can i just pour in 50/50 coolant and be good to go?

Third issue, I am noticing the dash plastic is down some where the hood sits (same place as the hood crack). I just grabbed it and bent it up and it seems better but the handle bars too a pretty good whack (brake handle was down towards the grip almost 1cm). THe aluminum bar support tube looks fine and so do the foot wells so i don't think any of the underlying structure is bent but the dash is down. Can one big hit on the top of that bend it down to take about a 1/4-1/2" permanent set? I wouldn't think so????

Anyway i fell like an idiot and should have studded it before the snow flew like i planned. At least i have an excuse to buy a new windshield. I like the black shield that came on the 06 EB's. Can I get that anywhere other than the stealer?

Thanks

·
Registered
184 Posts
After adding fluid you may want to burp it by having the front of the sled higher than the rear better safe than sorry. Also good luck glueing the hood, cracked mine and tried a few different epoxies and had no luck. I just drilled a few holes and placed a few zip ties on it (then later had it replaced by insurance).

·
Premium Member
8,589 Posts
I've used T21 on hoods and it still is holding just put it on let it dry sand it primer, paint and out the door.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts