Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I leave for work this morning, and rather than seeing trailers loaded with sleds heading north ... what do I see? I met a convoy of trucks pulling their BOAT trailers!!! :bang: They were heading just north of where I live where the water is still open. Granted, I don't blame them at all ... no different than me willing to ride my sled in April if there was snow. But to think of all the people who typically leave today for New Year's weekend, and instead I'm seeing boats being pulled .... ugh, makes me sick.

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
:stop_nono: Dang them, Fishermen. They're no different from snowmobilers as long as they enjoy their sport regardless of weather and timeframe. I dunno

I'd feel sick looking at them too. :bang:

·
Registered
524 Posts
I live just south of the Arctic circule on Hudson Straight and we go boating any time of the year as long as the water is open and it is not more then -15 C.....any colder then that it is too cold to be on the water even for us Inuit...

But we tow our boats on the sea ice with our sleds not with a truck on a highway....

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nunavut_Crossfire @ Dec 28 2006, 12:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
But we tow our boats on the sea ice with our sleds not with a truck on a highway....[/b]
That would be a sight to see!!! :lol:

·
Registered
524 Posts
Here is a pic of our winter hunting boat (this ain't ours but we have the same with a 30 hp yamaha) very easy for 2 guys to man handle these little boats over anything....I'll try and rememder my camera next time I go hunting by boat.

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
My wife and I just had lunch at the Lower harbor boat ramp in Marquette. They were putting in boats and fishing by the breakwall. I guess the Whitefish are biting there. WTF? scret Strange weather!

·
Administrator
20,020 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MarCat @ Dec 28 2006, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
My wife and I just had lunch at the Lower harbor boat ramp in Marquette. They were putting in boats and fishing by the breakwall. I guess the Whitefish are biting there. WTF? scret Strange weather![/b]
with all the trailers of sleds i'd seen headed north on I-75 tuesday am and early afternoon, you'd have thought a blizzard was happening as we drove,,, from what i'd seen on the yooper channels, snow was basically non-existant,, with what i've seen listed since getting home,, how the heck are all those people gonna' fit in the small areas that actually have snow,, and not rub elbows? I dunno

·
Registered
677 Posts
im still trying to figure out why our bran new boat is getting stord for winter and preped for summer at the dealer??... we got it in september the dealer offerd to do it so its getten done for free... but it hurts to not see snow.. i mean i cant even at least go snow bording.... id rather be snowmobiling thou... damm

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dukie @ Dec 28 2006, 07:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cmscat50 @ Dec 28 2006, 05:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
And I saw a roadkill SKUNK!
Don't they hibernate?[/b]
Nope.
[/b][/quote]

I thought they did...Maybe cause I have never seen one in the winter around here.
[/b][/quote]
I saw a couple raccoons snooping around the sleds in the backyard 2 nights ago. Good thing the motion sensor light is there to freak them out.

I thought Kingston was suppose to get some snow? Anything yet?

·
Registered
942 Posts
Don't feel so bad... They were still mowing the grass in one southern Maine town just before christmas. bang your head

Winter is coming, I just hope it lasts when it finally gets here. :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
While out visiting family christmas day i passed at least 4 motorcycles on the road, for being right by Tug Hill, i would expect snow by now... But i guess i can't say that trading the sled for a wheeler was a bad decision :p

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I'm sure all those fisherman would have headed up there regardless of the winter conditions. If it was a normal winter they would be out ice fishing, but instead they have to use boats to get out on the lakes to fish.

I read a guys report and he say's the weather pattern will change by mid january.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Kev, no snow in Kingston yet to speak of maybe a 1/2" but it is still falling right now. I am heading to the cat dealer to shoot the ****! today.
If I can't sled I might as well bs about it!! slaphappy

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dukie @ Dec 30 2006, 09:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Kev, no snow in Kingston yet to speak of maybe a 1/2" but it is still falling right now. I am heading to the cat dealer to shoot the ****! today.
If I can't sled I might as well bs about it!! slaphappy[/b]
I had to pick up a new Crossfire. The Source by Circuit City has them half price this week. :lol:

·
Registered
68 Posts
The snow is not much better here in Newfoundland ,there is usually snow on the ground by now , i have been fortunate enough to ride a couple days just on the rail beds , but it goes comes and goes, i'd say we've had a total of 12 inches so far , more in other places mainly the west coast of the island gets it, theres a 3-4 " base now i hope it stays it's been getting cold ! No such thing as skunks or racoons here in newfie , just monster moose :beer_cheers:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts