Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, last weekend I left the sled sit outside overnight. When I went to start it, it started on the second pull and idled around 1500rpm or so. Should it not idle higher when cold? The outdoor temp was 0 degrees C. It seemed to run kinda ****ty so I was blipping the throttle for a while, which seemed to make matters worse. It eventually idled down to like 1400rpm. I took it for a rip and it came up to 1700rpm and idled fine. Was it just because of the weather and blipping the throttle? Actually the sled seemed to run rich the whole day, but not so rich to cause performance problems. Is the fuel map so bad on the 04's that it doesn't like it that warm? I also just installed Boyesen reed petals, but I thought it was supposed to make it leaner at the bottom.....

·
Registered
215 Posts
When my 05 F6 starts cold it idles around 21-2200, then after a bit it idles down to about 1800. I don't think I've ever seen mine down much lower than that, at any temperature.

·
Registered
73 Posts
mine idles up after i start it when its cold. and i have boyesen reeds in mine.

·
Registered
367 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MnF6rider @ Mar 15 2007, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
When my 05 F6 starts cold it idles around 21-2200, then after a bit it idles down to about 1800. I don't think I've ever seen mine down much lower than that, at any temperature.[/b]
Ditto this........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts