Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
With the cost of idle control valve for the T660 being so outrageous, ($600) and there being a known issue with the valve separating from the mounting plate, has any one sourced out an alternate supply?

Very similar engines are used in the Japanese mini trucks and I would imagine alot of parts are interchangeable.

I have a guy in Japan checking it out for me now but I was wondering if anyone has ever cross matched parts from this Japanese source?

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
I've been doing this on a lot of K6A parts. The problem is a lot of the other applications used different accessories on the engine (intake/exhaust manifolds) so you have to be careful. The easiest way to do it IMO would be to look at the factory sensor and try to get some parts off of it to cross-reference over to the aftermarket. I'm currently trying to get a proper thermostat gasket to fit this sled. Something about paying $80+ for a thermostat bothers me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I took the valve/motor off, cleaned up the mounting plate and used epoxy automotive panel bond to reattach it. I'll keep Y'all up to date on the results. But in the meantime, I'll love to see a parts diagram of the mini truck motor.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Do some googling to find some manuals. The most popular one is for a Jacobsen turf tractor of sorts. The problem with that is that you only get Jacobsen p/n's for the parts, and their even more expensive than cat. You can also see the Cappucino sites for some diagrams, they use Suzuki p/n's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts