Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I am new to snowmobiles. As a rule I do outboards. I've been asked to help out with an Arctic Cat SnoPro but I do not know anything else about it except the serial number.
Serial is 4UF00SNW6YT131526.
The markings on the body say "SnoPro" and "high output twin".
Before I get into a discussion, I'd like to know what I am looking at. What can be told about this unit by serial? Year? Engine? Do I just inquire about a SnoPro?
Thank you,
J

·
Registered
12,642 Posts

You are looking at a 2000 model. The last 2 sleds in the link above are Sno Pro models of the 440. One is a fan and the other is a liquid.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you!
It appears to be the 2000 Z440 SnoPro 431 cc f/c.
Thank you!
With these identifiers I believe I can now get to parts lists.
J

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One additional question, if you don't mind.
In the SnoPro Chassis forum section, administrator c-note makes it very clear this is only for 2010-2014 models. Quite forceful. They also give an example of an "XF SnoPro" belonging to the "ProCross XF forum".
Geez, another model identifier.... ProCross? How many other words are used to describe this unit?
What forum section do I go to to discuss a 2000 Z440 SnoPro 431 cc ?
I certainly don't want to end up in the wrong forum.
Thanks,
J

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just came out of a parts site with this as a "for instance":
Go to the year 2000, one of the choices is "Z 440 SnoPro (S2000ZABPRUSG)".
Great! It says SnoPro!
BUT, what's this S2000 number, now? It doesn't correspond to anything in the serial, not even close. Why mention it?
The parts list for the Z 400 SnoPro (S2000ZABPRUSG) doesn't show what I need, but the parts list for the Z 440 (S2000ZABBPFUS) does.
This is killing me one small slice at a time.
What do I have? Is there any chance of me getting to the parts I need?
Thanks for listening...
J

·
Registered
12,642 Posts
One additional question, if you don't mind.
In the SnoPro Chassis forum section, administrator c-note makes it very clear this is only for 2010-2014 models. Quite forceful. They also give an example of an "XF SnoPro" belonging to the "ProCross XF forum".
Geez, another model identifier.... ProCross? How many other words are used to describe this unit?
What forum section do I go to to discuss a 2000 Z440 SnoPro 431 cc ?
I certainly don't want to end up in the wrong forum.
Thanks,
J
The 2010-14 is a specific Sno Pro Chassis with very little parts being shared. Older models use the name Sno Pro but with minor changes in parts used.

Reactions: C-note

·
Registered
12,642 Posts
Just came out of a parts site with this as a "for instance":
Go to the year 2000, one of the choices is "Z 440 SnoPro (S2000ZABPRUSG)".
Great! It says SnoPro!
BUT, what's this S2000 number, now? It doesn't correspond to anything in the serial, not even close. Why mention it?
The parts list for the Z 400 SnoPro (S2000ZABPRUSG) doesn't show what I need, but the parts list for the Z 440 (S2000ZABBPFUS) does.
This is killing me one small slice at a time.
What do I have? Is there any chance of me getting to the parts I need?
Thanks for listening...
J
So you do have the Sno Pro model with the clear gas tank correct? I think the S2000XXXXX number is a Cat identifier number. What part are you looking for?

·
Registered
168 Posts
If you post a picture or two it would help alot.
If you have a 2000 z440 with twin carbs it is the snopro. The regular 2000 z440 has one carb. There are many many other ways to tell them apart but this should be pretty clear. Both are fan cooled machines (not liquid cooled)

·
Registered
12,642 Posts
We had it listed as such 6-8 years ago then others took it upon themselves to make it 2010-2014.
Why? I have zero idea.
I take full credit for updating the listing in the sled categories. They were so outdated. In my research I must have missed the 08-09 years as I was using Country Cats parts fische to update. I could have sworn they were not there at that time.

Reactions: William Stern Jr.

·
Registered
12,642 Posts

·
Administrator
40,392 Posts
660catman went out of his way to try and bring the site up to date. Yes he asked me to make some changes , in consultation with other mods. There is a thread about the changes in the mod section. If the changes we made are not correct , feel free to make suggestions to better the site.
It’s nice to see a member take some initiative to make the site better. Mods that show up every 6 months and complain ,without doing anything to make the site better, don’t help.

·
Administrator
40,392 Posts
There is a mod section for this type of discussion Rusty. I know it’s been a long time since you have been here and you may have forgotten.

·
Premium Member
1,024 Posts
You guys would be wise to keep the conversations in the mod forum or Area 51. I'd suggest deleting them from here in the public too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts