Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,743 Posts
Can anyone tell me if these are mod or trail pipes? They're for 95-97 Tcat 900 and 95-98 ZRT800s. Thanks in advance!
If you look at the small steel patch tack welded to the pipe right before it goes into the stinger, it should have engraving on it. If its trail it will say "T" or "Trail". Not sure but would assume that mod pipes will have something similar. Likely you will have to sand off paint to see it. It will be on every pipe.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Theres a guy that has them for sale but hes not sure if they're race or trail and I'm interested in them. The stingers are welded to the pipes, that seems like a race pipe thing to me?

·
Registered
9,743 Posts
They very well could be race, and I would favor that only because of the stingers on them, you really need to get the tag looked at, but as old as they are people do most anything to them. For example, I have a set of D&D trail pipes for 95-98 and they made the ends larger in diameter for long wide open runs so the engine won't build too much heat. Only reason I took them off is I found 2 sets of Hooper wrinkle pipes and put them on. If you are interested in mine I would part with them. Since the pic shown, they have been blasted and painted with heat paint. Your call.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
tcat446
Arctic Cat Forum
Arctic Cat forum is a community to discuss Arctic Cat 400, 440, 500, 650, snowmobiles, sleds, ATV's and more. Join the fun!
Full Forum Listing