Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at getting a new track for my sled and was looking at a couple different options. I have an 1.25" track with 144 studs. I was thinking about getting an 1.25" Ice Ripper Rip Saw track and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them. How does it compair to a regular studded track? How do the studs hold up in the lugs? Any information would be great!

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
I put one on my sled this year and I am pleased with it. BUT it does not compare to a track that is studded. AND according to the camoplast site, you can not stud the ice ripper. Hook up and breaking on ice and hard pack is okay but like I said it doesn't compare to a studded track. As for wear, I can't say as I only got about a 1000 miles on her so far. The reason I bought the ice ripper is that I got an unbelievable deal on it!!

RR

·
Registered
2 Posts
A friend of mine ran an Ice Ripper on his 03.5 ZR 900 last season. Seemed to hold up pretty well. As far as traction, it's basically half way in between a studded and non-studded track. There's still no substitute for a studded track when it comes to traction on ice.

He did manage to get 8,000 miles in this past season on that track, but I won't know about long time durability, he sold his sled with the Ice Ripper track on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts