Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey

Just got back from 650 miles Cat happy and had some serious ice build-up along the sides of the tunnel......pushing the seat up and out bang your head probably 1/2 - 3/4 of an inch. Before winter finally showed up i got hi-temp rtv sealant and went over the factory seal....doesn't seem to work. I'm thinking i shouldve removed the factory **** first and then resealed it. Any ideas?

the 650miles was awesome, these sleds haul ass!!

oh yeah, how do ya post pictures in these threads?

thanx

G

·
GO TO A LOCAL PARTS STORE AND GRAB SOME BODY SEAM SEALER FOR AUTOMOBILES, NASTY S--T. IT WILL STICK TO JUST ABOUT ANYTHING AND YOU WONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT IT AGAIN. RTV SILICONE WILL BREAK DOWN EVENTUALLY AND YOU'LL HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM, WE USE SEAM SEALER AT THE AUTO DEALER AND IT WORKS FLAWLESS

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just got back from my first long ride also, is this the cause of the grey streaks on the side of the tunnel?? Any more info or pics would be great as I would like to seal this up. On a side note, any special tips on sealing up the clutch area from water ?? Hate to sink beacuse the clutchs got wet..... Thanks in advance !!! Not worthy: Not worthy:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts