Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took second place in an ice fishing derby last weekendClap. Caught a 9.55lbs trout and My prize was a 2013 polaris shift IQ 550f with 136x1.25 track. I'm not sure if i should keep this thing or what....If i do its gonna be my girlfriends new ride. I told her to either keep the F5 or this polaris...She LOVES her F5 but would also love a brand new sled! We drag raced both of these to help decide...lol so me and the ol' lady lined them up on a lake. For the first 200ft, the polaris had a sled lenght but then the f5 slowly passed it before long(we have the DE-TUNNED 2008 F5 with 85hp)...and eventually SMOKED it with the F5...lol She loves everything about this polaris exept the lack of power in the 550 fan (i think its only 60hp)....It has racks in the back, hitch and wide ski's for better floatation. Electric start, reverse...perfect for fishing, which we do ALOT.

My question is, what would you do?? I wonder if one could change geering and clutch one of these Fanners for a little more top end....? then it would be a no brainer if it would keep up with our F5 which does 90mph on the gun in almost perfect conditions

Any comments GOOD or BAD about this poo would be apreciated..

Thanks
Claude

·
Premium Member
4,622 Posts
I would keep it. If you really don't want it, sell it might have to make somebody a great deal. What the heck!

Congratulations! Any pictures of the fish you caught?

Dog

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes i do have a pic...lets see if this works
Dry suit Personal protective equipment Fun Outerwear Photography

Thats my girlfriend in the back...lol she knew we won second before we weighed it in...

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this is what i won...mine has the racks and hitch in the back tho...and widder ski's in front plus the track has 1.352 lugs; not 1.25 like i said above
Land vehicle Snowmobile Vehicle Winter sport Racing

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm also looking to buy a new sled over the summer for myself...just dont know if i should go with the turbo or the 800rr OR the new yammycat....thoughts?? I want the best sled out there for performance and reliability

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hahaha that would be awsomet! but there would be alot of work and money to do that...would also need heat exchangers, custom motor mounts, alot of fitting and alignments, i'd have to have a custom intake....lots of work and money involved for that....would be sweet tho!! haha

what kind of top speed do you get out of that 800rr? ever race an apex or rush? I love that chassis and dont know if i should get the new zr7000 or yamaha's version, the viper...OR stick with cat and get the 800

As for the F7...my secondary is SHOT...bushings are toast and its sucks the belt down into the seconday under any kind of load..so im running that fanner for now...or was (she's parked now until i know what im doing with it...70miles on the clock) ...lol slow as **** but not bad to ride

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
300 Posts
A couple options.
Unless you need the money keep it for ice fishing.
Sell it and use the money for a track kit on your commander for ice fishing.
Sell it and your firecat and use the money for a new sled.
Sell all three and get 2 new sleds 1 for you and 1 for girlfriend since there are such good deals on 12 and 13 leftovers.
Keep it,fix the firecat and F5 and have 3 sleds.
You have a lot of options but most important is that you have a girlfriend that likes the same things you do for the most part. It looks like you have a couple of keepers.
Good luck and congratulations.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I put it on kijiji for 7000 just for the hell of it (this sled was selling for 8600 at the begining of the year)...see what happens. 6k would be my bottom dollar. I think i might use that money towards a new set of wheels for my girlfriend... her 2000 impala is getting near the mileage where everything will start to fall apart. We'll just have to wait and see what happens

Anybody want to buy it? Or trade for a nice little car with under 100k km's on it?? LOL

·
Premium Member
9,488 Posts
Being "Brand New", didn't cost you anything ( Prize taxes?) keep it for a spare sled..for ice-fishing or a friend to join you Two... or would that mean a bigger trailer.?

They are a pretty decent sled... an I'm sure it use's less fuel than the 2 cat's you have now also. Plus probably will run beter in "LOW Snow " conditions...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.