Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 arctic 580 zl, that I've had for two seasons now. I really love this sled. It has been a sold sled. My only problem is that with me being 6'1" I don't sit high enough. I just added 2" of foam to my seat to raise me up a bit. It has helped but its is still not enough. Another thing is the suspension. The shocks don't have as much travel as the newer sleds. Basically, what I'm asking is what years, models of arctic cat will give me the rider forward and get be sitting higher than the 2000 that feels like I'm sitting on a couch.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Go for a Z 1100 if you want a couch potato. 07 - 11 model years.

If you are looking for cheaper go for a Sabercat of the 04 - 07 years.

If you are looking even cheaper then get a 02 - 04 ZL of somekind.

Steve

·
5,963 Posts
The 02-04 ZL/ZR/ZRT's are not Rider Forward. I don't eve think that a Firecat is Full Rider forward.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Any f series 2007 and newer I would say. I have a mountain seat on my 2006 crossfire and that is pretty nice. My big thing is that I want my knees below my hips so my legs absorb the hits and I can stand up easier.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Naganalf is right, any 2007+ F series. You would have a number of engine choices in that Family. Also referred to as Twinspar chassis, the ride is incredible, (better than my 2012 procross) the only downside is that they were a bit heavy.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Do Firecats/Sabercats put the knees below the hips? How about the Crossfire? I'm in a similar predicament... I have a 2001 Vmax and I'm looking for a more "rider forward" experience.

·
Team ArcticChat
6,971 Posts
Do Firecats/Sabercats put the knees below the hips? How about the Crossfire? I'm in a similar predicament... I have a 2001 Vmax and I'm looking for a more "rider forward" experience.
05/06 firecats are better.. Adding a boss seat to them really helps. 07+ f series is best for early ride forward

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This great guys. At least I know where to start to look. I'm really happy with the 2000 AC and I think I'd like to stay with AC if I can.

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
2007 and up "F" series, as some have stated already.
What you also get is adjustable handle bars and seat.
It is referred to as "Infinite riding position"
My wife loves it!

·
Super Moderator
8,443 Posts
the cat is no better. They just moved the engine back. The crossfire is rider forward.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts