Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a few pics of the hill climb we were having fun on near Houghton, MI. I made it up just fine like 5-6 times. Then I got dumb and started right at the base. I hit a patch of ice and found myself backing a sled down a 300ft hill. I could only hang on so long before losing control goin probably 25mph in reverse. I got thrown off and had a front row seat sliding down the hill, watching the sled do about 5 rolls. I think the first one was a partial endo. $4400 in parts without taking it apart + labor. I think she's toast. Hope I can buy it back form insurance for cheap. My next project is puting a reliable 700 and DD in a race sled.

Even though I was towed home, I still got the last laugh. All my friends drive ski-don'ts and give me crap all the time. My friends 2006 MXZX 800 blew up with only 1600 miles on it. The engine was bone stock. JUNK!

[attachment=60856:p1010080.JPG][attachment=60857:p1060186.JPG][attachment=60858:
P1010085.JPG][attachment=60859:p1010074.JPG][attachment=60860:p1010091.JPG][attac
hment=60862:p1010105.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
270 Posts
That doesn't hardly even look broke...is the bulkhead and tunnel bent? Someone on snowest had M chassis bulkheads for sale. A new bulkhead, and a nice aftermarket tunnel...could be fun.

Good luck,
John

·
Registered
35 Posts
I almost did the same thing a couple days after Xmas. Got ****y and started from a dead stop at the bottom. I was lucky that I was still able to grab anything below the snow. There was only a little ice on top when I was there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
sorry about your wreck dude. Throw a post on it, bend that tin back and tape it! even if the bulkhead is bent you can still ride it till winter is over. Rockerdude

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Furthur @ Jan 16 2007, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
That doesn't hardly even look broke...is the bulkhead and tunnel bent? Someone on snowest had M chassis bulkheads for sale. A new bulkhead, and a nice aftermarket tunnel...could be fun.

Good luck,
John[/b]
The tunnel and bulkhead are twisted. I think the skid frame ok. I know I could get it up and running again for around a grand or so. Insurance is gonna have to total it out though. The cost of parts is up and over $4700+labor. I'm gonna buy a non-current crossfire sno pro to get me riding again. But I also plan on buying the sled back from the insurance company. Might as well make the most of it. It'll be a great project. I'm either gonna fix it or part out and make a reliable pump gas sno cross sled that'll be untouchable in the ditches.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts