Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 154 studs with double backers on my 06 F7 SP EFI and the studs keep destroying my bogie wheels. anything i can do besides take the studs out?

·
Registered
747 Posts
You are not alone- the wheels are absolute :turd: . I have replaced all of mine at least 2 or 3 times each. Dealer says he can't keep them in stock..... I know there was a post on here about converting to the old style wheels and what part # to use. I am thinking of doing that when I figure out what I need.

Do they de-laminate like this?????

Attachments

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Do not run your track with open holes in it. I repeat do not do that. I got back to school today and some kids took out the studs in the tracks for some reason. Within 10 min they had no track left because of the whole. Were trail ridding. I dunno what else they did but just to save you and your track and maybe some money.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (f5firecat @ Feb 12 2007, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You are not alone- the wheels are absolute :turd: . I have replaced all of mine at least 2 or 3 times each. Dealer says he can't keep them in stock..... I know there was a post on here about converting to the old style wheels and what part # to use. I am thinking of doing that when I figure out what I need.

Do they de-laminate like this?????[/b]
yep that is exactly what mine look like. Let me know if you do that and it works.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ACBOY09 @ Feb 12 2007, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Do not run your track with open holes in it. I repeat do not do that. I got back to school today and some kids took out the studs in the tracks for some reason. Within 10 min they had no track left because of the whole. Were trail ridding. I dunno what else they did but just to save you and your track and maybe some money.[/b]

Thats weird cause i have two holes in my track and have rode it for 200 miles so far and have not had any problems. My track is a 1.375" and my studs are 1.5" so they used the tall nuts and some of them had backed off and 1 stud pulled through my track, so i took it back and they put all new nuts on with loctite and they just moved the one pair to a new spot.

·
Registered
238 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ACBOY09 @ Feb 12 2007, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Do not run your track with open holes in it. I repeat do not do that. I got back to school today and some kids took out the studs in the tracks for some reason. Within 10 min they had no track left because of the whole. Were trail ridding. I dunno what else they did but just to save you and your track and maybe some money.[/b]

when you get older and learn more about your sled speak up, till then stop giving people bad advise, you can run a track that was studded without studs and it wont hurt a thing, the new ripsaws come either pre-drilled or not,I personally know a few people who purchased a pre-drilled one and decided not to stud it after driving it stock, and nothing has happened, i to have removed my studs after not liking the handle they did, and nothing has happened to my track yet, with 2000 miles after removal of studs

·
Premium Member
4,355 Posts
mtn guys purposely put holes in their tracks... big ones... so i wouldnt worry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts