Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Zr 600 efi. I have Black Magic twin pipes on it with Black Magic heads, clutch, boyseen reeds, efi chip. Now i wanted to buy a different silencer for it but i called Black Magic and they said that i cannot put another silnecer on those pipes it won't work. Now if i were to buy a single pipe or some other brand of twin pipes would i have to change the clutch or anything else? Or would i just install the pipes and silencer and be good to go? This sucks i'm really getting frustrated bang your head I don't know why i can't add a different silencer to my pipes. PLEASE HELP!!

Shawn

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
If it's a combination setup with all Black Magic components, they're likely telling you the truth. A different can (silencer) would affect the pipes. If you go to a different single/double pipe, you would likely have to change your clutching too as the existing clutch setup is for your current pipes/can. It's a catch-22 either way. You could try and go with the other can, but there's no guarantees there - it may run, it may not, it may run like crap, it may run like a raped ape (and then burn down).

Sorry - no easy answers here.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the help! now if i were to change the clutch is that something expensive and hard to change?

·
Administrator
7,989 Posts
Why do you want to change the silencer? I know B/M made a quiet silencer and a loud version, I'm just not sure if they made one for your sled.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would like it to be louder, i don't want it to be quiet. The thing that sucks is on the Black Magic website is that they do not have any pics on their website. I would like my sled to be a little louder.

·
Registered
30 Posts
grandam2006, maybe it would be loud enough for you if you took the pipes off all together! Do you run trails or only race? If your running trails, please don't run them in Ontario!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Clutching is not too expensive, maybe some weights, helix and springs. But you will need the tools to work on both clutches too.

Louder does not mean better performance, I like a little bite on my pipe but no bark, gets annoying after a 300 mile day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts