Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Im in the market for some gear and I dont want to cheap out but I also do want to go overboard also. I have been looking at Klim gear and just not sure if I need to spend 300 on a jacket and 300 on bibs? And can I get just as good Arctic Cat gear. Im gonna be doing mostly trail riding in the north east. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I love my arctic cat jacket with lots of vents. I think that the arcticware is a quality product. I also love my klim boots, they are light yet warm and my feet are always dry. For bibs I purchased some HJC bibs on sale for $40 that have served me well for several years.

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
I have always had good luck with my Arctic Cat gear, and I think Cat has some of the best looking gear out there. I have two or three coats hanging in my closet right now, and it kinda bums me out that I don't wear them more often. I'm kind of a prude when it comes to gear, and because I bought a Polaris last year I had to buy a different coat :lol: So on top of the Cat gear I have, I now also have a Castle-X coat (which I've been happy with too).

Klim is a great coat, but you're absolutely correct in that it's EXPENSIVE! I personally would find some deals on the web & go with the Cat gear. That being said, I also wouldn't hesitate going for some of the aftermarket brands like FXR, Castle-X, or even Arctiva. I think all of them are pretty good.

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
I have 09 CastleX switch jacket and fuel pants. good stuff.

·
Premium Member
4,621 Posts
Gore Tex is definitely the bomb,although there are good waterproof/breathable options available too. I looked at some stuff from The North Face at Cabela's today. You don't get the OEM colors, but they have some NICE stuff thats cheaper than Klim.

When the discussion of gear comes up, a Tek Vest should always be considered. I hated mine at first but I'm getting used to it now and probably won't ride without it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
if you want the best then Klim, but like you already stated it is expensive. I ride out in the mountians and if you want water proof and breathable then that is the way to go. Once you have had the best you wont go back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts