Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I need Passenger hand warmers & Wind guards for my 2002 Arctic Cat Panther 570 ESR 2-up. I think I might try it myself but I might need a few pointers. I've looked for a quick easy install but couldn't find anything. I attached some photos so you can see the sled.

1. What’s the best way to fish wires from the front to the back?

2. Should there be extra wires back there I could use?

3. What’s the best hand warmer system to use?

4. Could you name the best places to buy the wind guards, hand warmers & switch?

Thanks,

Rick

Attachments

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
I would suggest finding a wrecked touring sled and take the entire seat, backrest, and warmer assembly
The warmers plug into the harness that goes to the tail light, if you find what I suggested it will have the harness as well.
The really nice part about these is that the back rest moves to support a single rider and the passenger seat comes off to allow you to haul a bunch of stuff

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds good. It might be hard to find a wrecked cat. I looked into one from the AC catalog and found part # 4639-598.
The problem is the“Note” Not available for fan-cooled models - power output insufficient. The dealer said I should check the charging output before purchasing the rear hand warmers. He couldn’t tell me the charging output. I could use the front and passenger hand warmers at separate times by using a three way switch.

How do I check the charging output?

PASSENGER HAND WARMERS
NOTE: Not available for fan-cooled models - power output insufficient
Application Year p/n
T500 (Shown) '08-'09 4639-802
PA '99-'08 4639-598

http://assets.arcticcat.com/snow/pdf/2010S...riesCatalog.pdf

·
Registered
139 Posts
Mine had aftermarket warmers added from the tailight housing where switches were installed and then routed inside the trunk.It also had hookups for heated helmets with a switch from the tailight housing. Unfortunately it was originally a rental and that's how it was done but I have never had a problem with heat from the front or back hand warmers or the heated helmets not working good or the lights not being bright enough even just idling and my starting battery hasn't let me down so I suppose that my 570 fan has enough charging output to do the job.We ride two up probably 65 % of the time so it is usually used all together.
You could potentially run them off the battery rather than the lighting circuit which would reduce draw from the stator as the battery is really only there for the electric start.It still gets charged while running but it's not like drawing from the stator as much as being boosted by the charging circuit.
Kerry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts