Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help. I have a 1972 Cheetah with a 440. I am having a buddy at a machine shop make me some custom intake manifolds. Each jug will have it's own mikuni 34mm. I have a jug, the existing manifold, and the mikuni mounting flange so that he can figure out the mounting plate and bolt patterns that he needs.

My sled is currently in storage and I won't be able to get at it for a while. When I do, I would like to have the new manifolds ready to go. I need some measurements and am wondering if anybody already knows them. The engine in these sleds sits at an angle. I would like the manifold to have an angle in it so that the carb is sitting parallel with the ground so that the gas sits right in the bowl. Does anybody know this angle off the top of their head?

Also, what is the minimum and maximum length that will work for the manifold? I am assuming it can't be too short. If it is too long I will end up in my steering and possibly my secondary clutch. Does anybody know the distance to the steering and secondary? The 34mm mikunis are not that deep. Leaving 3 or 4 inches for them should be good.

·
Registered
61 Posts
i was looking into putting a mikuni carb on my kawi, the sled head at my local sled wrecker has a machine that has a rubber boot kit on it to hold the carb but it dosnt work because yes the motor is on a angle and the mikuni carb is a float blowl carb, gravity dosnt let the floats work properly oviosly and the carb didnt preform right and the sled sits there and will rot with the others, so a intake that will let the carb sit straight would be the best way to go, i agree 100% and i have no clue bout any measurement for the intakes id just go with if it fits it works :thumbsup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts