Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again, Sonix here I have my first question in regards to engine swaps. The 2006 FIS 500 4x4 I have needs to have the starting system overhauled. I have no idler gears, support shafts, and both sides of the starter clutch case the mounts for the support shafts are broken out. My question is will an engine crankcase and outer covers from a 2000-500 fit my machine so I can have electric start.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looks like it may have already been welded on, but you could try that again. Clean it as best you can to get ride of any oil residue, grind away some to new / bare aluminum. Find you a welder willing to come weld on it if you can't do it yourself. Then you can spend a little time with a dremel or die grinder and a 12mm drill bit and get the hole back. Found someone on here and a couple of other forums that did that and it seemed to work for them. My first attempt on my 2005 500 broke from porosity in the weld due to me not cleaning it well enough the first time. We will see if the second attempt holds up.

As far as the 2000 crankcase and cover, I can't answer that.

·
Administrator
36,318 Posts
No 2003-2009

1 - 3 of 3 Posts