Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the sled a few years and have used arctic cat belts (it came with two new belts).

I was going to order one is there a differnce between a $40 belt and a $90 belt.

·
Registered
316 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kaw550 @ Nov 9 2009, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I had the sled a few years and have used arctic cat belts (it came with two new belts).

I was going to order one is there a differnce between a $40 belt and a $90 belt.[/b]
Ya 50 bucks. lolol I just couldn't resist! I think it was on here someplace where I seen a belt measurement chart to tell you what length and width most cat belts are. Maybe someone else will chime in as to where its at, but I think stock # belt will probably last the longest. Hope this helps

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I planned on going with a stock size. Just not sure about the brand
The catalog I am looking at has a few...
Carlise range from $36 to $89
Kimpex are $31 or $52
Gates $35 or $60

I have no idea what a stock belt costs.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Stick with the Cat belt! I work for a Gates distributor and can get the Gates Extreme Belts for just over cost. The rubber composition between Manufactures is slightly different. I had an Extreme belt on a 1000 triple running wot on hard pack. At about 80 I smoked both the primary and secondary clutches, wearing grooves in them. I got off the throttle as soon as acceleration changed, but too late as smoke was billowing out. The belt was also trashed with only 60 miles on it.. Never used anything but a Cat belt since! Expensive lesson!

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
If you have more than one sled and they all use different belts, it is a pain in the fall to remember which one of the off brand belts goes with witch sled. Then you start cross referencing belts, if they haven't changed the numbers in the off season, to figure out who goes where.

Arctic cat belts numbers always stay the same. I write on the clutch cover with a paint pen the arctic cat belt number.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts