1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its a no brainer that it is heavier

How does the engine behave in bumps

I gather it has an oil pan like car and NOT dry sump

So if the trail gets rough does the oil go in the engine?

I want to go 4Stroke next year

Its either ST660 or T660 or Yamaha

I could live with a T660 and just swapped out better shocks and risers,IMO should not be hard if the right deal comes along

Any of you former ZR or ZRT riders

·
Registered
1 Posts
:super_happy:
Hi,

Just picked up a new in the crate 660 ST for 7500 CDN! Going to keep it there until next season.
Arctic Cat has some mean deals on new old stock right now so if you can find one grab it 0% 1 year 0 payments for a year.. if you behave and mouch beer from buddies you may be able to pay it out fast!
Good luck

·
Premium Member
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
$7500 ca is a great price for new

hell the used ones up here are going for 8000 +_ at dealerships :(

·
Premium Member
2,682 Posts
It feels just like a ZR, just heavier. They handle pretty well, and are a dream on groomed trails. It seems like you can just go forever and never get tired. It's the best machine I've owned to date.

I got to ride a Vector last weekend and I have to say that's a really nice sled. The biggest thing I like about it was that it just didn't feel as heavy as the T660 Turbo. It was easy to turn at slow speeds and held in corners pretty well at higher speeds plus it had good acceleration. The rear exhaust looks cool but would really annoy me over the long haul. You get a different tone every time you move your head, plus you get a little vibration back there. It also kills 90% of the storage on the back of the sled so if you go on long trips it's something to think about. I also can't believe they didn't put EFI on it, pulling those 3 carbs wouldn't kill me but I know my wife could never ride it. I think the T660 might be a bit smoother too, I know it accelerates quicker then the vector but I bet the vector would take it on top end.

I would love to compare one to a Jag, I have a feeling it would be the best of both worlds!

·
Registered
34 Posts
They sold the last 05 st turbo for 7000 canadian while I went to another deal to see for a 06 st they had there.On the way there, two hour drive they sold that one too for 7200 canadian.The 05 is too red for me and the 06 was green.If the 06 was black one I would had put a deposit on it.I love black.I will try to find a 06 st black sled but I missed a good deal on the green one.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Nice deal magicmarker77. Maybe see ya on the trail or at Jags next season with it :D As far as oil goes freezerburn the only time thats an issue is if you flop it upside down, as I did last night on the way to Wingham I dunno No motor problems but I dumped about 2 litres of oil out of my engine by the time the wife and I finally got it back on its track. Waited for my daughter to deliver me a jug of oil and we were back on our way. Only problem now is it drips oil from the belly pan like an old Harley :D Anyways good luck tracking down a new sled.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Freezer I had a zl600 before my 660. I liked the zl but love the 660. Last year I was all set to trade in my 660 for a jag or some other 4 stroke but after riding my 660 this year I definitely dont feel bad about keeping it. I ve ridden some really rough trails and never had any issues with burning or losing oil. I only tracked the gas mileage once on the last trip. It was the longest and fastest ride i did that week I was riding. I rode almost 175 miles and only burned 8 gallons of gas. That makes the sled worth it by its self. i was riding alone so 60 was about top speed for most of the ride.

If you re buying used or left over I say go with what ever you find the best deal on. A vector would be a great sled if the price is right. I think the 660 is just as good though and would definitely be completely happy with either sled.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts