Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a new helmet and heat sheild kit for my f7 i dont know the correct way to install it the guy that had the sled before me spliced into a wire under the hood any ideas??

·
Registered
49 Posts
Most of the new ones will plug right into an extra power wire and ground at the base of your handle bars where all of the wires come together. Need to know what type of sled and what type of kit.

·
Registered
222 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (patriotpro @ Dec 29 2006, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i bought a new helmet and heat sheild kit for my f7 i dont know the correct way to install it the guy that had the sled before me spliced into a wire under the hood any ideas??[/b]
Behind the servo motor there should be a open two prong connector, brown and yellow wire I think. Buy a flat 4 wire trailer connector and split it in half one half will plug right in.

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jjlrrw @ Dec 30 2006, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (patriotpro @ Dec 29 2006, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i bought a new helmet and heat sheild kit for my f7 i dont know the correct way to install it the guy that had the sled before me spliced into a wire under the hood any ideas??[/b]
Behind the servo motor there should be a open two prong connector, brown and yellow wire I think. Buy a flat 4 wire trailer connector and split it in half one half will plug right in.
[/b][/quote]

There shouldn't be a need to buy anything other than your heated shield. The plug-in should fit that accessory plug behind the servo motor the way it comes. Just run the wires up through your steering column and you'll have it ready to go.

·
Registered
222 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LabonteF8 @ Dec 30 2006, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jjlrrw @ Dec 30 2006, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (patriotpro @ Dec 29 2006, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]

There shouldn't be a need to buy anything other than your heated shield. The plug-in should fit that accessory plug behind the servo motor the way it comes. Just run the wires up through your steering column and you'll have it ready to go.
[/b][/quote]

Oh Yea now I remember, I installed on one sled then replaced the sled with a new one thats why I had to find another plug.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts