Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I know nothin about my 4wheeler cept its a 500 4x4. I dont know what year it is or anything. Can yall help me learn some stuff bout it haha...i am becommin a 4wheeler freak. here is a pic of it [attachment=60772:IM000495.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Looks like 02 or older model, The best thing is to order a owners manual from the dealer, this would give you info on regular service and most anything you need to know about it.

·
Registered
257 Posts
It's 99 or older, looks like an old 454. The last year that was made was 99.

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
Clean it up and look on the frame for the identification tag and serial nos. When you get that info, you can contact a Cat dealer or AC themselves to get the details.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Borat @ Jan 15 2007, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Clean it up and look on the frame for the identification tag and serial nos. When you get that info, you can contact a Cat dealer or AC themselves to get the details.[/b]
Exactly the ID tag should be on one of the front fame tubes. It'll give the year, engine displacement, date of build, some even give valve lash tolerance and oil capacities.

·
Registered
212 Posts
if you look at the nuts that hold the wheels on and if it is a bolt it is 98/99 if it is a stud with a nut it is a 00/01 swing axle and always in 4x4 look at bigdcreds pics he has over 16000 miles on his it is a workhorse!

·
Registered
58 Posts
it is a 1998 454 4x4 late because then at the same time they was making the 500's and my 500 is a 1998 and the daeler we got it from said that 454 last year was in late 1998 so you have a late 98 and as for the 99 years they deacls on them then in 2002 the went and change the hole body of the atv but one updates on the motors and all around the 4x4 pull and push bar didn't come out in 2000 just though i late ya know i have a tech book on 1999 and there not the same as the 98's but stall the motor and every thing ales is so gave a yell and i help ya out or look in the book

1 - 9 of 9 Posts