Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a small wire underneath the main coolant hose. I was wondering if this wire being disconnected could cause bogging or running crappy. Thanks! I dunno

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any help? If you are standing on the sled the wire is next to the right hand cylinder underneath the coolant hose.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Would that be why the temp light is always on? But I still have a bogging problem. It'll run fine, but won't go over 50. It starts to moan, and run flat and dull. The won't idle right until it sits and runs for a few minutes. It wants to die, but it'll all of a sudden idle fine like someone flicked a switch any ideas?

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
MAybe ? Now you said that there is a wire under the coolant hose but you never said what condition it is in ??? i.e. Shorted to something, Burnt, Chaffed, Cut in half ?? you get it . Also have you traced it out ? That would atleast give you some where to sart ttroubleshooting. Has anyone before you ever messed with electrical stuff under the hood and maybe miss- routed a wire ? With out seeing it it's knida tough . I think I got the same manual for mine and might be able to look through it with you and help a little more.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can do. But idk how to upload pics. The thing says "Attachment system ready, but i can't attach the pics.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The wire is perfect. Squeezed the tip so it'll hold better though. It ties into a harness that runs under wat would be the dash. I dont think if anyone has messed with it. It all looks stock/correct though.

·
Premium Member
2,321 Posts
i dont have mine connected. i have an aftermarket water temp gauge in mine. its the overheat light sensort wire

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kelly have u ever had problems with a full throttle bog?? I have new jets, but idk wat else there is. It wont run full throttle, and it runs smooth and dull. I have the exact sled that's in ur pic just wondering if u know wat's up?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I put i new plugs and jets this yea, but i'm still having problems with full throttle bogging. Wen i stop the thing wants to die, but then all of a sudden it idles fine like someone flicked on a switch. Any ideas?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
320's that's wat the dealer told me for 0-20 degrees. That's wat i run or colder. No we opened up the carbs checked 'em and they were good. This has been happening since the end of last year. It'll run great till it fouls out the plugs.

·
Premium Member
2,321 Posts
when i had the stock carbs on mine i couldnt belive how pig ass eich the sled was with 320's its almost pathetic how much fuel it going to the motor. i ran 300's at -5F and the plugs looked great and never saw above 1000*F cruising and 900* WOT. trust me drop your mains to 300's and try it again i will bet it runs a whole lot better. AZR440 knows his **** too he helped me with the set-up on my flat slide carbs.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanx man will that help with the full throttle bog?? And just wondering is ur snowflap green?? Can't find anyone who has one thanx again.

·
Registered
955 Posts
full throttle is your main JET 320 Way to fat pick up 290 and 300 use the 290 to about 10 any thing colder your gonna need the 300

·
Premium Member
2,321 Posts
yea its a green snow flap off a newer m-cat. yes that will help with the bog you are having.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts