Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...but I have to ask anyways: my '98 ZRT8 is certainly no slouch, but I'm curious how it would fare against a ZR9 in a medium-long lake run (1000 feet or so)? I have a 1" track with 192 trail studs, D&D "trail" pipes into stock can, D&D "trail" clutching, 2.5 degree advance, geared one tooth down from stock on the jackshaft gear, SLP race airbox, and jetted correctly. With equally sized and skilled riders, I'm assuming I could stay in front of a stock ZR9, but what would it take for the tables to be turned?

A neighbor has a new toy in his yard, so I'm curious if I need to do any last minute work.... ;)

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I'm not sure what has been done to the ZR, but it did sound like it had a can on it, so he'll probably be down a few hp ....! ;)

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C-note @ Dec 18 2009, 12:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hey V,, keep the fingers crossed and hopefully traction could become a huge factor here in helping you out :chug:

BTW, is it an '03, 04, 05,,,, ?? keep fingers crossed it's later model :lol:[/b]

x2.

Should be fairly close but depending on traction and you gearing down you may get a little jump on him that he won't be able to make up.

·
Registered
26 Posts
900 will be hard to catch for a while, but in the long run the zrt 800 winning wouldnt suprise me. triples have long legs but itll be close. just my opinion.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure of the year - he's well down the street from me, so I don't know him. The sled looks a bit rough cosmetically, so I'm assuming it's an older, quicker one. We'll see in short time - it's like 5 degrees here, and lakes have been skimming over for a good week or two. :)

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
if that zrt is running like it should and it gets traction that 9 will not be hard to beat, as far as top end goes, that triple will kill that 900. 98 was the best year for the 1000 t cat and we had a 98 pantera 800 triple and im willing to bet 98 was the best yar 800, that long track pantera with my dad me and my brother on it would pull the skis off the ground at 50mph and hold them till 80mph, that is a stock 98 800 triple, 900 zr will not do that, but that zr might get the zrt off the line, it all really depends on traction

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Im going with the ZRT, he did say he had D & D Pipes+ tripple's = about 13-15 hp, so It has the power to out run the 9, and if it is ruff, it may have blown a few belts and be down on power due to a out of phase crank, I m working on mine now......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts