Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y8SPKRJQGJk"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y8SPKRJQGJk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

1st I would love to make a video response to this with some killer AC footage.

2nd I don't even think he is steering.

·
Premium Member
4,517 Posts
Somebody certainly has an axe to grind. I have ridden with most brands at one time or another. The Cat's stock are more off road capable then all the others. Heck, most need big tires just to try to keep up. Especially in the type of riding in the video, which is very similar to the riding here.

·
Premium Member
2,025 Posts
Yea that guy needs to learn to ride he's gonna get hurt before long. Maybe he needs antlers on his head instead of blaze orange.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
You could put that rider in an Abrams tank and he wouldn't be able to cross a 6" branch given how lacking his riding skills are. The machine's capabilities are not purely a function of the machine, but also the rider. I have gone over larger and deeper stuff than he has with stock tires...and I'm no pro rider by any means.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was going to try and give him the benefit of the doubt in case he is on the forum. I guess my point is that he looks new at riding or only rides to his deer stand and back and Mr Honda used this to represent AC. Anyone who rides knows that the core problem is the way the ATV was handled in the vid not the ATV. I certainly know why the comments are disabled.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Wow, It kind of looks like to me that he is trying to get it hung up or stuck, he is probably just that bad but there is no way any decent rider would get stuck on any of that.

·
Registered
711 Posts
What an idiot. Must be the first time on any atv. Dito about where's the Honda doing it? Same rider different machine and I am pretty sure he couldn't make it through a two inch mud puddle.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey Swampcat07,
That video is total crap!!! This past weekend doing fire wood at my parents place, I was dragging logs at least twice as big, then climbing over them to get back to drag more. I am all for getting some video together for a response... I am not a pro-driver but these CATS do a ton better than that video gives them credit for! If fact for that type of riding off the beaten path (mud, ruts, roots, logs, ect) I'll take a CAT or I'll walk. You can make the claim they don't ride as cushy as some others or steer as easy as some but you can't claim they won't kill stuff like that. OK... rant over!!!

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
shoot, i've only been riding atv's for a couple years and i've got better skills than that guy. like others said lets let hom go replace the Cat with his next bike and try the same stuff. :bleedgreen

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
this was on highlifter a few months back, i think it was some honda guys trying to make AC look bad. we all know any cat will have no problem with the stuff in the vid. like i said then i could do anything in that vid on my raptor or just about any sport quad.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
To quote Red Foreman " Dumb ass" Definitely a staged video to make cat look bad!

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
You watch his other atv video its the honda and cat not going through anything. These guys probably got stuck in there own garages they are horrible riders...i could do all that in 2wd guys are stupid.

·
Registered
20 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Captain @ Nov 10 2009, 06:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
That is funny. Why dont we see "the Honda doing it"?[/b]
Exactly. That rider was mentally challenged I think. We had a mudslide up at our place 2 years ago and the Cat was the way we got in and out, over and through mud that would suck your boots right off if you tried to walk it.

Example of the mud:

Cat going over it:

Never took movies, too depressing.

S

·
0 Posts
"I certainly know why the comments are disabled." HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!! Me too swampcat. LOL!! I was part of the reason, my comment was awful. LOL!!!!!

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Just flag the video for something.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I've taken Dad's 2wd 300 over/through worse stuff than that.
It's like guys comparing trucks by hooking up bumpers and letting the one they don't like start spinning before they let off the brakes on the brand they do like. What tools.
JD

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
That has to be the most pathetic thing I have ever seen. He almost sent himself over the bars in that little puddle. It's obvious that the guy should not even be allowed to ride a peddle bike. He already has his left headlight broken, his head will be next. Every time I ride behind my house, and going to my hunting stand I ride through mud much thinker, and deeper than that while going uo hill. I also cross many, many downed trees a lot larger than that little twig he got stuck on. Most of the time they are wet and I do this with stockers during hunting season here. It should be illegal for somebody like that to be anywhere near anything with an engine.

I would love to see him try any of that on whoevers little honda, it said a Honda could do it, he should of shown us.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts