Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Arctic Cat 375 4x4.....and we just got it out of storage....we were able to ride it around fine the first night...but then we go to start it up later and misses around 15 mph....I dont know what to do about it!! We have checked the air box, the carbirator, drained the gas, checked the oil, I need help!! Please reply with any suggestions!

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
check your spark plug, you should replace it anyway and check your fuel lines, there might be a kink in it, id also drain the float bowl on the carb and if that doesnt work i would take the carb off and clean it because after sitting for a while the jets and everything could get gummed up..........just wondering but why was it in storage?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have checked the spark plug already, and everytime i check it, it is already really dirty. I put in a brand new one, took the atv down the driveway and back, checked it, and it was very oily.
The Atv was in storage because it was at a relatives house, and they never used it....please more advice!

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
yea, did they fog it? i would change the oil now and then after you get it running run it for a while and change it again

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, we already changed the oil, it was the first thing we did....because its going on 4 year old oil....but only 200 miles....any more advice would be great......I just really dont know what it could be

·
Registered
107 Posts
I think you will find your problem in the float bowl. Sitting that long has a tendency to make the needle and seat hang resulting in a rich plug. It will also fill your oil up with gas. Was the tank low in fuel by chance? At the least take the carb out and clean the jets and the needle and seat! Good luck. thumbguy

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
yea, i agree with jakerolet, if i was you id take the carb off and clean the entire thing, all the jets, needle, the bowl and so on

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Did you check the compression? Even if you don't have a tester, you could try and plug the hole with your thumb. If it is good it will blow your thumb right out of there.

Maybe just run it a while, it is really low on miles and that engine never even got broken in. NOt a good thing.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Mouse chewed up the plug wire/cap? Wires to coil OK and tight....no rust? Dunno....running outta options here.

·
Banned
597 Posts
Put a timing light on the plug wire, start the bike up, bring it up to where you said it's missing and pay attention to the light- if something isn't right with your ignition then you will see an erratic light strobe when the bike starts to miss- if it's gas then you will see the normal ignition light strobe. This will help you decipher whether it's an electical or fuel problem. :)

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
You are using new fuel and not the old right??

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
umm is it missing like from 15 up or just at 15?...becuse if its missin alot i have some bad news sounds like you pistons are seezing up

1 - 20 of 43 Posts