Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago I blew my fron diff. Ac was very kind and replaced the entire front diff. The diff went back in and all was well.

Today I went out for a quick ride and got really stuck in the snow, just to find out that my front right axel is lifeless!!

The actuator toggles from left to right, makes noise from 2x4 to 4x4.
In diff lock, it still does not rotate the tire??

I cursed and cursed then looked at a birch tree and seriously thought about burning this frickn bike.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Take it back its likley they didnt assemble it correctly or missed a pin ect.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Maybe after blowing the front in the first place it screwed up more then you think?

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
broke axle...or its not in all the way only 2 options here...nothing in the diff that will allow the left to turn and not the right.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I banged that axel pretty hard to engage the c-clip at the end, I have a proper seal around the axel/diff with no oil leak.

My axel was intact when it was pulled out. I thought I might have not installed all the way in, I grabbed the axel and it feels secure.

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
Does it turn ever?....Like in 4wd unlocked it should spin the wheel with the least traction....the diff lock may be not setup properly

·
Premium Member
4,547 Posts
Sounds like a diff lock problem to me. Do this test so we can isolate the problem

Jack the front up and spin a tire, Does the other tire spin in the opposite direction? It should (with out diff lock on)

Now put the machine in N and lock the diff, spin a tire, the other side should spin in the same direction.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Is it only one of the front tires or do neither turn? Ive seen the actuator break which would sound like its engaged in 4wd ,but its not. The parts on the inside strip out and maybe thats what happened. so it could be the actuator itself,may have broke it while the diff blew out.

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
Jack it up and test the rotation of the tires....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.