Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To anyone that has been to this race, what do you think of the race? Accommodations? Local hospitality?

·
Registered
464 Posts
If you've never been there, you should go. It's quite the experience

If you don't have accomodations yet, you should plan on not getting any. The race is hugely popular.

NASCAR on ice.

The trails in/out will be beat up. There will be lots of police (on the trails and off the trails) because everyone gets drunk.

It's supposed to be really cold so even if you drive, wear your warmest sleddin gear.

The only other thing you can count on is Yammi winning with a grossly unfair 400cc advantage and Polaris being next in order.

Cat usually doesn't do very well in this race vs. dominating the short tracks.

·
Administrator
20,052 Posts
All there last year watched Brian Dicks constantly build his 2.5 lap lead at a rate of nearly .2-.3 seconds per lap AFTER he'd taken the lead,, only a blown belt and its kevlar wrapped all around the primary's inner sheaves cost him the race, without that hampering issue, yammies win would have never happened, plain and simple,, Brian was riding at an incredible pace

·
Super Moderator
8,516 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C-note @ Jan 31 2007, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
All there last year watched Brian Dicks constantly build his 2.5 lap lead at a rate of nearly .2-.3 seconds per lap AFTER he'd taken the lead,, only a blown belt and its kevlar wrapped all around the primary's inner sheaves cost him the race, without that hampering issue, yammies win would have never happened, plain and simple,, Brian was riding at an incredible pace[/b]

I would have to agree he was chargeing hard.. I was really dissapointed to see him get taken out by something like that. The best time to ride is early mourning durning the race. The trails are flawless cause every one is at the race. If you get off the trails by 2-3pm you are set. Ill be some place at the race with my friends drinking beers and falling down the hill.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
www.i-500.com has time trial results. Looks like all 4 of the MFG's are at the top this year. Lotsa Yammi's in the race. I'm glad to see it's not another "Polaris 500".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts