Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I moved my rear brake rotor and caliper to the inside of the frame to protect it and to make some room for rear spindles for future rear steer setup. I didn't know how well the new brake location would work but upon testing it out, I found it works way better than the factory location. I could easily lock up the rear tires by just applying pressure to the rear pedal. It was a fairly easy mod. As the brake line didn't need to be modified. Just had to build a aluminum bracket and drill a hole in the frame gusset.

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
Awesome

·
Registered
340 Posts
Very cool.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Now that's thinkin' with your dipstick! Can't believe this never hit me before, I've only stalled 3 or 4 pinion brake setups on rockwell axles in off road buggies before. D'oh!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Only thing I could see going wrong here is the movement of the motor (if not using solid mount mod) will move that disc causing the pads to grab the disc here and there, thats why on prowlers the disc is at the diff so the drive shaft will move instead of the disc when motor moves.

I could be wrong...... other then that, its def a great idea!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did put in stiffer engine mounts. So the flex of the motor shouldn't be a problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts