Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well shortly after i got my quad i ordered a clutch kit from EPI, its the mudder version. I had no problems installing it. Well it seemed to be working but not much different then stock. It gave qiute abit more bottom end and did hold low more. After the shift from low it seemed sluggish, I thought thats how it is. Last weekend 4 friends of mine and I were out playing in the mud we took some video footage you can check it out on youtube RE: ddub900. We found a slough that had a perfect oval race track in it. My quad is a 08 650 h1, the others were 700s and 1 mud pro 700. They all have 30 mud lites and mine has 28 silverbacks. I raced 9 times and won all. Those dudes were pissed, lol. My quad just didn't seem to be pulling as good as it should and some of my pals pointed that out also. It was on my mind so i took the clutching out to check it. I found nothing wrong. As I was reading the the instructions over again it came to me. For the secondary it said to hold the botton part of the clutch and the helix from moving and turn the top half 1/3 of a turn counter clockwise then compress the spring and put the assembly back together. Well that is were I went wrong, I did it as the instrucions said but it should read as it sits on the machine. The spring was unloaded not pre loaded. So know its in there the propper way and did it ever wake up. Now i can do catwalks on comand and it pulls hard all the way bottom to top. That is my stupid story.

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
To bad i wasnt there...id give u a run for your money. lol

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well those other dudes have their machines mod'd up alot. The one has some rank cluthin and a VDI(ecm) box with a HMF pipe. So to be able to beat up those dudes with a limping machine is dam good. Now I can't wait to go ridin with them again. The dude with the mud pro was really pissed. He didn't want to quit i raced him 5 times. I still want to add a aftermarket CDI box and a set of wheel spacers.

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
i would kinda expect 28" backs to beat 30" lights, hands down.

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
how much $$ was your clutch kit ?? were did you get it ?do you want to come to tisdale and put one in for me HAHAHA

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
If you want them to be pissed some more... Let me come race them with my old '04 650. ;)

They'll learn to love being pissed at the Cats sooner or later! :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts