·
Administrator
40,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice write up! I think i will pin this if that is ok with you. THANKYOU

·
Registered
664 Posts
That is fine with me. Hopefully it will help someone out. I've been on this project for about a month, and to my knowledge only one other person has done this, and I can't get in touch with them. I've spent around $500 total, just trying to see what would/would not work. Hopefully my effort can save others some time/money, and they can get this gear reduction for under $300. (under $200 if you find a good used set of gears).

It's effectively a fairly simple process. The only things that are of higher difficulty are shimming (and it's more or less just an annoyance) and welding the gear correctly. On a difficulty scale of 1-10, this would be about a 6 or so. Time-wise it took me about 6 hours total, including shimming. I took my time, and it was my first occurrence dealing with the bevel gears.

If you want more low end out of your V2, this honestly is a must do mod. I would suggest it over the 4.0's. You still have to shim with the differential drop, and price wise it's close as well... but with the Teryx gears you get more of a reduction. Of course for anyone with large tires, I would suggest the dual reduction.

Looks good now:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts