Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 1994 Tcat, is there anyway to check if the pump is working properly? Id prefer not running the engine and seeing if my oil level goes down per how much gas I used, cause I have to run the engine :)

I feel insecure without knowing if it is working. I don't want to cause problems adding oil to the gas, if it will...I don't know, do you? Well I guess if it is safe, is it 50:1?

·
Registered
41 Posts
HI, I use one easy check , with sled running fast idle or above reach down with a piece off wire with alittle
hook bent on the end and pull up on small lever on oil pump. If pump is working you will notice exhaust
getting more smokey the more you pull lever toward full stroke!!!
MIKE C. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
524 Posts
I would put a mixture of 50:1 in the tank if you are questioning the oil pump's function. It's cheap insurance against burning down the motor from lack of oil. Sled will run oil rich if the pump is working OK.

You can also do like beemer mentioned, but if you question that the motor is getting oil, I would mix the gas tank 50:1 to be safe.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
pull your carbs and look in the intake flange, the oil line comes in to it below and yo will see oil in the spout... this way you can tell if all 3 lines are pumping oil and not bleeding back...

BM..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts