Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 articcat 400 4x4 automatic. I am trying to remove the prop shaft because I think the teeth are stripped. Everything turns but the shaft. How can I remove it while in frame?

·
Registered
12,818 Posts
Does your machine have the solid rear axle? If so what shaft? From back of motor to diff or diff to wheel? I only ask as many confuse the two.

Reactions: doorfx

·
Registered
12,818 Posts
Ok, does your ATV have 2 separate rear CV joint type axles with rubber boots? This makes a difference for the rear driveshaft.

·
Registered
12,818 Posts
You'll have to unbolt the rear diff off it's mounts to slide it back after removal of driveshaft bolts. I don't think you'll need to remove rear axles but it might make it easier with less to contend with.

·
Registered
12,818 Posts
I have the feeling your 06 is different than my 03 on how it comes apart. The 06 service manual does not explain removal very well and the parts diagrams are non-existent on your year for some reason. They do mention when it comes to rear differential disassembly, refer to the front diff section. With that info then I'm thinking it should slide out of diff.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the feeling your 06 is different than my 03 on how it comes apart. The 06 service manual does not explain removal very well and the parts diagrams are non-existent on your year for some reason. They do mention when it comes to rear differential disassembly, refer to the front diff section. With that info then I'm thinking it should slide out of diff.
I apreciate the help. Thank you

·
Administrator
40,644 Posts
If it is like this , then just remove the 4 bolts on #20 then remove the diff bolts and slide it back.
You will have to remove the three bolts on the nose cone of the diff to separate the shaft.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts