21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Administrator
40,355 Posts
Are you in the UK?

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is a old post but i have a followed the above procedures got my codes AC99 Ac97 but could not clear the codes and speedo still bounced showing EFI. I have changed the fuel ,new spark plugs and used the jumper wire with no luck
What i did next is well im pretty stupid just thinking of it . I checked my fuses !!!!! yes the first one a 15 amp was blown. I changed it out and turned the key . POOF no EFI warning . So i hope this helps after 4 hours of ripping my 2009 1000 Thundercat apart it purrs like KITTEN..

·
Registered
7 Posts
I used the jumper method for my 2007 EFI. Jumped across the black to blue/red.
When I turn the key on it completes its normal startup procedure. No codes listed. After about 20-30 seconds the EFI starts flashing. Any ideas what I’m doing wrong?

·
Administrator
40,355 Posts
You’re battery is weak or it’s not charging correctly

·
Administrator
7,989 Posts
That is a normal thing if the key is on but you dont start the quad. Efi flash and on some models the needle does a sweep back and forth. Are there any other problems with it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
battery is brand new.
No problems with it running. Speedometer doesn’t work, I have the E code when it’s in H,N and R and it’s giving the EFI error code. Other than that everything’s fine LOL. We just use it around the farm.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello! I got an e-mail from my dealer today on how to read the error codes on a 2009 - 2010 Arctic cat with an EFI engine. So i thought I'd translate it to English and put it up here. NOTE: I'm not the best in English so if you see anything that's written bad or wrong please tell me. ^^

NOTE: The parts in the text that are coloured green is written by Wyo_H1_Cat, all credit goes to him for that! Clap

General Info:

- If there is an error code on a sensor, the sensor shouldn't be replaced right away, it has to be measured and checked according to the service manual.
- In most cases it can be a different voltage output causing the error code, which means you can delete the error code without having to replace the sensor.

There are two types of EFI codes, ACXXX are active codes and could affect how it runs, An AC code always means something is wrong or failed the on-board diagnostics check.

The second type of code is a SCXXX code, These are stored codes and means at one point you had an active code that self cleared, Also means whatever set the original AC code may repeat again. Normally SC code do not affect how it runs but should be considered a warning that a AC code once existed and may happen again. Or take it as maybe something is starting to fail.

European Arcitc Cats:

HOW TO DELETE THE ERROR CODE:
1. Ignition has to be off, you also have to have it in 2WD.
2. Plug in the diagnostic plug into the contact which can be located under the seat. (I use a paperclip for this).

This is the contact that's under the seat close to the fuse box.

This is where you plug in the paperclip or a wire if you don't have the diagnostic plug.
3. Since there isn't any "reverse override button" on the EFI models. You have to connect some wires that are under the seat. Disconnect the black contact from the other black contact, and then put the black contact into the blue contact. On the 700 EFI models, the Panther and the Cruiser the wires are white/green and red/green. That means the white contact should be connected with the red/green contact.

Picture of the wires.
4. Change from 2WD to 4WD
5. Turn on the ignition and let it be on for at least 10 - 15 seconds until you get the AC00 message in your display.
6. Reconnect the wires under the seat.
7. Disconnect the diagnostic plug (or the paperclip if you used that).
8. Your error codes should be deleted now.
9. Battery cables can also be disconnected for a couple of seconds.

American Arctic Cats:

To clear all codes, with the key off, install the diagnostic jumper, then press and hold in the reverse override button and turn on the key. Wait 10-15 seconds or so. Turn off key & release reverse override button. This should clear all SC codes to an ACOO on display next time you check codes. Some models may require you to also have the 4x4 switch in 4x4 position, Mine does not. I think in the service manual the procedure is written different in the newer manuals where it also says to place the 4x4 switch in 4x4 mode as well.

Codes and different solutions to some of them:

If battery voltage drops below 10-10.5 volts while trying to start the engine you'll get the "VOLT" and or "EFI" displayed on the Pod and this may set an AC code or result in a SC codes being stored. Most of the time the cause of this is nothing more than a partially discharged good battery that needs charged or a BAD battery that needs replaced. You may also get a "VOLT" error if the voltage regulator fails or the battery terminals are loose and the ECU senses a voltage over 16-16.5 volts. Many times this also causes the LCD pod to fail and have no display because the pod shuts off to prevent damage from over voltage. Jump starting from a running automobile often results in this and is known by many to fry voltage regulators too. The alternator from a running automobile can deliver huge amounts of amperage into an electrical system on your ATV that isn't designed to handle that much power.

"EFI" can also happen if you turn the key on and off too quick, or try to start it immediately after turning the key on because the ECU was unable to complete its self diagnostic routine. Always wait for the needle to stop jumping around and LCD displays normally before pressing the start button. This gives the diagnostics check time to complete it's routine and gives the time necessary for the ECU to read all its sensors and set up fuel table parameters for a cold or hot start-up. The ECU is just like your computer, it needs to fully Boot-Up before you use it.
Hi, i am new around here and i have issues with resetting the SC codes. Since my 700i TRV TX '14 does not have the override button, i cannot seem to figure out which are the wires that neess to be connected. Can you please reupdate the picture from the 3rd point? Or perhaps a different explanation on where exactly to find the wires and connect them? Thanks in advance!

·
Administrator
40,355 Posts
DI NOT USE WIRES on your machine. You have the newer ECU ( silver) and codes can be cleared through the pod.
Download a free service manual at countrycat.com under the technical section.
The procedures are in there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
DI NOT USE WIRES on your machine. You have the newer ECU ( silver) and codes can be cleared through the pod.
Download a free service manual at countrycat.com under the technical section.
The procedures are in there.
Thanks for the answer but unfortunately i cannot access the countrycat.com link because i am from Romania and the website is blocked on my region. It says that the access from my country was disabled by the administrator and i cannot find the service manual for my machine model. So i would be greatful if someone could send it to me or make some screenshots. Thanks again for the help!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts