Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to get this all installed today my new 06 f7 efi pro as I i've got a whole 137 miles on her so I figured that was enough to start the tweeking. Anyways I ordered Dans kit based on everyones favorable reviews on his kits and of course hes closed today so I'm hoping someone can here can help me out.

I have read the directions on the site and on the forums but it seems they are all written for the 05 model or prior years. I'e got the primary all done so that wasn't a problem. I was suprised to see the stock weights barely moved when I removed every thing. I went this dans idea of using red loctite and to just tighten the weight pins enough so they move freely.

I guess back to my problem. the secondary is off and apart with the new style helix installed. but with the kit I was given the black diamond adjuster which has the white adjuster with outside cover. I figure I just install this on to the new helix but the white piece on one side is cutout to what looks like the spring to sit in but the over side has these other groves that don't fit into the new cover plate nicley so I'm sure something is not quite right on me understanding this. Then i guess with this new set up how tight to set this adjuster right out of the gate as my next trip won't give me a good chance to spend time dialing it in.

Thanks for the help!!!!

Dave

·
Registered
205 Posts
The instructions say to start with the white adjuster threaded in 3/8". I would go 1/2" to start, thats where my f6 liked it with dans kit. Is the secondary spring the green long one or something else?? I'm assuming you purchased the tool to adjust the spring adjuster with. It may be tricky to get it started with the spring tension and all. It helps if you can compress the spring a bit in the vise and use some good zip ties to hold it that way. Then drop it in and get your adjuster started. Cut the zip ties after and make sure to get it all out. I hope this helped a bit

·
Registered
130 Posts
I put the helix on first just like your sayin too. I took and placed my clutch on one of my old speaker boxes and I ended up taking both of my hands and putting my knee on it also and spinning myself around the box ( I really looked like Johnney the retard but it worked! lol) once I got it started I used a screwdriver with a square shaft on it to turn it in. I diddn't know that I needed to buy a tool. but yeah like stated make sure you turn it in at least 3/8 of an inch. Also make sure you put loctite on that cover with the 3 bolts (screws) Now I want you to do me a favor. Tell me if your sled feels like it has a wobble to it. I put mine in and I was driving to get some gas and it felt like something wasen't true. By the way your gonna love that kit Just a heads up! :devil_angry:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thankyou for the info!!!!

So of course i didn't order the tool to make adjustments easy so i'll be doing that right away. Still trying to get a hold of Dan but no answer and the mailbox is full so hopefully he'll get my email.

I was thinking of taking a piece of drill rod bent on a 90 degree angle in vise and setting the clutch on it and then taking a piece of steel or two bent at the sides to hold the cover from slipping with a hole in in them and with a nut on top of it and just cranking it down compression of the spring and plate at the same time. Seems like it might work?

Does anyone out here have his kit for the 06 f7 efi sno pro?

I was hoping someone out here could do a quick measurement on what they thought the distance should be for the adjuster as it sounds like 3/8 is a good starting point. Its just my next ride won't give me a chance without the handy tool to make quick adjustments granted I'll heading out with my wife so it won't be too critical that its right on.

I'll be checking to see if I have that wobble to.

Is everyone else finding that the stock primary clutch pins are cranked down so much that they don't freely move? It just seems even with a stock setup it would be a benifit to loosen them up and throw some red loctite on them (the pin nuts)?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Leave the weight pins loose enough so that the weights fall freely when you pick them up and drop em. Since you dont have the spring tool I would take the clutch apart and screw the white adjuster 1/2"in the helix. I say 1/2"because if its too loose you may slip the belt and the heat will cause it to blow. 1/2" should give enough spring pressure for good belt grip and the worse that could happen is you may over rev a tad but I doubt it. Anyways buy yourself a piece of 1/2" threaded rod and some nuts and washers. get yourself to flat plates with a 1/2"hole in the middle. Pass the threaded rod through the whole clutch with a plate over the helix and one over the back of the clutch. When you tighten the nut it will push your helix and spring down and when you see the sheaves start to open stop there and put in your torx screws for your helix and remove your threaded rod and your all set to go.
You can make a spring adjuster in 5 minutes if you have a welder. Find some bolts that fir in the little holes in the adjuster and weld them to a piece of flat steel and weld a little handle to it. Works just as good.
Once you get to try the kit post the results.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Keep tryin dan, like you said he is a very buisy guy. As far as the shimmy goes he said that shouldn't be doing that part. Good luck man! As far as the tool goes, yeah it would be easy to make it if you had metel and a welder

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.