Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any tips on how I can get water out of my tire? The tire (26" itp 589) spun off the bead and now it is full of muddy water. I removed the valve stem and flushed the tire with the garden hose to get the mud out but there is still water in there. The inside bead is still off but I can probably re seat it without any problem once the water is out. I have to get the water out before the cold weather comes and it freezes in there. Anyone deal with this without removing the tire from the rim? I am going to try a wet dry vac connected to some tubing and feed it into the hole where the valve stem goes unless someone else has an idea.

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
i'd take it off te wheel to clean the beads good, but the shop-vac should work. had this happen to a truck tire once, it was scary when i got on the highway with the water in it, had to turn around, go home and take it off.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
You could just let it freeze and then reach in and pull out the block of ice.
Otherwise i agree with taking the tire off the rim and cleaning it out with a vac and cleaning the beads real good too.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How do I reach in and pull out the ice?

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
How do I reach in and pull out the ice?[/b]
Call Rick Moranis a call in Hollywood from the Movie "Honey I shrunk the kids". Once he hits you with the shrink beam, you can crawl into the valve stem opening with an ice pick and break that chunk of ice small enough to push out the valve stem hole. Or If you have trouble getting a hold of Rick, I'd recommend dismounting the tire off the rim instead. Either at the ATV shop, Tire shop or do it yourself with a couple tire irons.

Sorry I couldn't resist using my warped humor

·
Registered
838 Posts
I can relate to the warped humor, thought it was hilarious.

Shop vac should do the trick or you could wedge a hair drier in between the bead and the rim and let it run til the heat evaporates the water.

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Been There Done That!!!

Be sure to set the hairdryer on low heat if you are going to walk away and leave it run.
I ruined a good pair of boots once.....actually started to smolder LOL

When I did it to mine, I broke down the bead .......wiped what I could out and let it sit out in the hot Sun with a block of wood holding it open.
If no sun, sit it in the house, if in a hurry, use the hairdryer.
If you leave it standing up, you'd be surprised at how much the water will work it's way to the bottom where you can soak it up with a few really good paper towels.
It doesn't have to have ALL of the water out, a few drops won't hurt.
If you run Slime or another sealant like Slime.
The sealants with disperse around the tire and it won't be out of balance.

BTI

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I agree with arcticcat21 break the bead first push it back or run over the edge of it to break the bead then stick it in the freezer let it freeze then while the bead is still of maybe hit with mallet and get pieces out of there.

·
Administrator
8,655 Posts
I Would Try Liter Fluid
Break Bead Spray A Little In & Lite

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have never had that happen to me but i would get small pecs of vac line maybe 1/4 or 5/16 in the valve stem hole use shop vac suck up the water .
You will need to remove the valve stem and replace it with new .
The best way is to have some shop remove tire off the rim use shop towels ,and clean up the bead so it don't happen again.
I have been thinking has anyone put Nitrogen in there ties and if so do you think?
I have Nitrogen in my truck tires i like it so fare .
l

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Full Of Mud @ Nov 17 2009, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I Would Try Liter Fluid
Break Bead Spray A Little In & Lite[/b]
all thats gonna do is reseat the bead.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm going to try the shop vac/tubing and replace the valve stem tommorrow. I have had luck re-seating the bead in the past with a ratchet strap and a compressor. I'll let you know what happens.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Take the wheel off. bring it to a tire shop, let them get the water out(they know how) and clean the bead so it re seats properly.

My 2cents

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I may have to do that, I can't break the outer bead to replace the valve stem. Tried using the truck and a plank but no luck. If I wasn't so cheap I would have taken it in right of the hop. Gonna give it one more try.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts