Arctic Cat Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
cool i will try that and see what it does..

·
Premium Member
2,025 Posts
May I ask has anyone tried unplugging the switch (at the trans) that tells the cdi that it's in reverse?
I would like to do it to my Thundercat.

·
Registered
743 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wvabeer @ Feb 24 2008, 12:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
May I ask has anyone tried unplugging the switch (at the trans) that tells the cdi that it's in reverse?
I would like to do it to my Thundercat.[/b]
That would probably work, but you would also lose your, selected gear, indication on the instrument pod. There might be other issues also??

·
Registered
190 Posts
Sanny's bike wouldn't start when he wasn't getting continuity through his gear selector switch a while back, so I would say to expect that and/or as I speculated earlier other fault handling depends how it is programmed. It will be interesting to see what happens when GWC disconnects his reverse pin on the CDI that will tell some tales about their quality controls in the EE department anyway.

·
Registered
743 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kick-It-Up @ Feb 24 2008, 06:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Sanny's bike wouldn't start when he wasn't getting continuity through his gear selector switch a while back, so I would say to expect that and/or as I speculated earlier other fault handling depends how it is programmed. It will be interesting to see what happens when GWC disconnects his reverse pin on the CDI that will tell some tales about their quality controls in the EE department anyway.[/b]
Yeah, it might not work. But by just pulling that one pin should not effect how it starts as it will still be getting all other selected gear signals. The pod will still get the reverse signal too. Only the CDI will not get a reverse signal, of which it doesn't get anyway until you put it in reverse. Usually after it's started.

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
I have been following all of the reverse override threads as they come and go and am anxious as well to see how the last recommendation turns out. I would like to get rid of mine on the V2 but don't want to pony up the $$$ for a better module or mess with jumping wires especially if people are getting erratic behaviors from the change.

·
Registered
190 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (overdriv @ Feb 24 2008, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kick-It-Up @ Feb 24 2008, 06:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sanny's bike wouldn't start when he wasn't getting continuity through his gear selector switch a while back, so I would say to expect that and/or as I speculated earlier other fault handling depends how it is programmed. It will be interesting to see what happens when GWC disconnects his reverse pin on the CDI that will tell some tales about their quality controls in the EE department anyway.[/b]
Yeah, it might not work. But by just pulling that one pin should not effect how it starts as it will still be getting all other selected gear signals. The pod will still get the reverse signal too. Only the CDI will not get a reverse signal, of which it doesn't get anyway until you put it in reverse. Usually after it's started.
[/b][/quote]

Yes it is true that it will only effect the cdi when it is in reverse instead of all the time but that fact that his bike would not start without a valid gear/neutral signal to the cdi indicates that there is some fault handling in the cdi for lack of logic inputs. Like I said if they don't handle it they've made a huge design mistake with the cdi.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Bump - can anyone tell me if its the red/green wire on an 06 as well as the 07s?
Wiring harness has different wire placement into the CDI.

·
Registered
743 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ProComp @ Apr 19 2008, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Bump - can anyone tell me if its the red/green wire on an 06 as well as the 07s?
Wiring harness has different wire placement into the CDI.[/b]
I don't know on a 06 650 H1, but it is the red/grn on a 05 650 H1. So I'd bet it is the same on an 06. Are you going to pull it to try to disable the rev limiter in reverse? If you do Let us know what your results are when you pull this wire.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts