Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys i'm just about sick of it. I've had my 650V2 05 model since Sept of 05. Since then I've only rode it 500 some odd miles. Why only 500 miles cause where I bought it takes so dang long to fix there bikes!!!

1st time I had it in the shop it took 8 weeks cause it just died and they finally had time to find the probem that they told me was a short in the wire.

the second time I had a seal gone out in my rearend. It took 5 weeks for them to replace a sticking seal.

the 3rd time I had it in the belt was slipping, (normal problem with 650v2s) They told me they never heard of such that it ran just fine. I asked them when I got it back what the clicking noise was, oh nothing. I had to remove the cluctch washer myself to get it to run right. It took them 4 weeks to tell me nothing was wrong.

Now the kicker.... I had the timing chain issue and the motor was leaking oil around a seal. this was the first week of January, they tell me that they are backed up, it will be 2 weeks before they can get mine in the shop. I tell them fine. 2 weeks later they tell me 1 more week, I take it to them and they tell me it will be another week but you leave it here and we will take it to the shop when they get time. So a week later the shop comes and pickes up my bike. This is the first week of feb. Now I give them another week. I give them a call. AC SHOP. Well our tech is sick, he will get to it next week. bang your head . The next week I call them. I'm sorry but they have looked into your bike, but they are ordering parts. I give them 2 more weeks. I call them 1st week of march. They say well we had to order a second chain, i'll have it to you on saturday in crossville. on the 17th. I call them on friday, well our tech is sick and he will work on it saturday. I give them a call to see if the tech is there. Yes he is there working on your bike. Now Mondays they are closed, and it is now Tuesday and I can not get ahold of them at all!!!!!!!

How the crap do I file a complaint agest these guys!!!!! It has been in the shop 7 months since i bought it!!!!

and it all because of these guys!!!!

I feel like AC should give me an extention on my warrenty or something!!!

Please help!!!!

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Well what you will find is that good shops are busy for a reason. Now for the otherside some of those problems should be fixed by you. A AC repair manual, some tools and test equipment goes a long way. My dealer knows I work on mine and they don't mind one bit. They help me out from time to time and of course thats why there is also this site. Found that most of the time if you take care of minor problem yourself you will know more about your machine when you need it most.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
I would contact AC directly and find out who the local AC Rep is. Secondly, I'd get that quad out of their shop and into the hands of a more reputable dealer if you can. Sounds like this dealership is a bunch of goons. 8 weeks to find a bare wire? Helen Keller could find that quicker.

·
Registered
445 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (garyb @ Mar 20 2007, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well what you will find is that good shops are busy for a reason. Now for the otherside some of those problems should be fixed by you. A AC repair manual, some tools and test equipment goes a long way.[/b]

I disagree with this on several levels. First, it's under warranty and should be taken to the dealer for repairs. Your assuming he's mechanically inclined; maybe he's not. Secondly, he paid good money for the quad and warranty and should not have to spend his $$ and labor hours fixing it.

I do agree with the "good dealers are busy" statement. However, people who purchase their machine from a dealershould have a priority status when it comes to repairs.

My dealer is busy as well since he services all brands. When I have a problem, I get put in the front of the line and the Poo-Pooos wait.

I suggest going to arcticcat.com, looking up all dealers in your area and find a new dealership and respects your business and values your relationship.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
I understand about being under warrenty and all but still a big believer in DIY. It does not work for everything all the time. But my dealer knows that I can hold my own with a wrench and so insteed of haulling it 90 miles to him and missing out on some rides if he is busy. He does have the best ATV and snowmachine mech in the state of Alaska. So he sends me the part under warrenty and I put it in. Now if it is interrnal to the engine I will let them have it.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Go to your better buisness beauro (sorry about spelling)

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Send a letter to Arctic Cat, a real letter, not an email. They probably won't do anything anyway, the dealer will have his excuses. BBB is another option.

Find another dealer if you can.

I agree with the warranty, you paid for it one way or another so use it when you can.
But don't be afraid to tackle something your self.

Later
Molsondrinkr

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
I would start with going to AC first. Write them a letter, send it via some method with tracking/receipt verification, and give them a reasonable deadline for responding. Write the letter stating just the facts. Feel free to put in your opinion like "I do not feel this is an acceptable loss of use over the period of ownership I've had" or something to that effect. Do not use wording like "This piece of crap..." or stuff like that. Lastly, put down what you expect from the letter (extension of the warranty, etc...). Then send it and see where it gets you.

If you go to the BBB right away without showing you've tried and done your due diligence in trying to rectify your issue, then you'll only stand so much of a chance of "winning" or getting a favorable decision by the arbitrator. However, if you show them that you did what you could and gave the manufacturer an opportunity to make things right and they refused, THEN your stance is that much stronger.

However, you first need to give AC the courtesy of knowing about the situation and give them an opportunity to make it right. I would hold off on the BBB until you've given them that (what I would deem) a right. It would be no different then you talking to your boss's boss because he said/did something you didn't like, but you never once told your boss about it.

If you don't take it one step at a time, you can't complain when you fall down the stairs. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
im going to disagree with GARYB because i spook to my local arctic cat dealer and i asked if i had tried to fix somthing myself would it void the warrenty? YES !!!! So i just take my cat in for everything i need except oil changes and simple small stuff. Nothing that has to take the bike apart.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Well that could be the differnce in the Age thing.... But just that my dealer is 90 miles away. Even though there are a couple of other dealers close by I would never take my ATV to those guys. It is up to the dealer to do and am sure its not just open to everyone. But in Alaksa that is is the norm since so may places, towns and villages are not even on the road system. Down south you proplaby won't run into this very mutch.

·
Registered
551 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
You fixing your quad will not void your warranty. I think your dealer is giving you a line of dodo! I would much rater pay a few buck for parts than wait weeks or months for the dealer to fix it. Besides you get to learn a little bit more about your quad. FIND ANOTHER DEALER THAT WILL WORK WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Doing your own repairs won't void a thing. HOwever, only in rare situations will a dealership get you parts for the warranty claim and bill AC for it. So, if you do the repairs yourself, you'll likely have to pony up the cash for the parts.

I would still find another dealer. If they are that busy, then they need to get another tech. If they are that lazy, they don't care. Either way, it's an extremely poor way to treat a customer and it's a bad representation of the Arctic Cat brand/name.

·
Registered
24 Posts
[email protected]

File your complaint with them as was said above. Be professional, not rude.

If you do not feel you can do the work on your bike don't do it. Alot of people are not mechanics and know their way around a two/four stroke motor. I don't care what your age is or if the shop guy is your brother-in-law. If you don't know how to do it...don't.

You bought that ATV new w/a warranty and it should be upheld. But here is the problem....they have not refused to do the work and fullfill their warranty agreement. It's just taking them forever and a year to do it. I would ask of an extention on your warranty in your letter, no matter what.

Sorry if anyone takes offense, I'm just a dumb ole' *******!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok finally got ahold of the place. They said my bike is now fixed but it will be Friday or Saturday until they can have it to me.

It is a 3 hour drive from my house to there shop. They take it to the crossville ac dealer that is 1 hour from my house.

While talking to them I asked them, are you all going out of businness or something? cause last time I was there you didn't have many bikes,

They said YES, we are closing shop at the end of the month...... I told them "Thanks for telling me now" so they ain't going to do anything and AC won't to anything to them cause they are not going to be a dealer at the end of the month. AC has already took there name off the website.

But they said they have had mulit complants on this shop. Foxfire outdoors is the name of the place...

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
There isn't anything to take offense to sapper. All good. I think on minor repairs under warranty if you don't know how to do it it's alright to try yourself (ie...an ignition coil, etc...). That's how you learn. However, you don't wanna learn if it means you juke things up more and now they won't cover it under warranty. You just have to know your capabilities.

As for the length of time in the shop, here in MN there is a law that is pretty open ended, but it speaks to that point and I was able to lemon out a new vehicle under that area. Essentially it states that a vehicle should not be in the shop for an excessive period of time during the warranty period. Well...define excessive. That's a gray area. So, what I did is tally up the total number of weeks I owned it and the number of weeks I had to bring it into the shop and put that into percentage format. I think it was something like 20%. I followed that up with the statement "I didn't buy 100% of the vehicle so that I could use it 80% of the time I wanted/needed to". I think if you put it to facts like that, it'll help your case substantially.

As stated before, don't be rude. In fact, be obnoxiously polite. :) People are more compelled to help people if they feel for them or feel as though they are in a bad situation. HOwever, people are less apt to help others if they are jerks. And right now, you are seeking help.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
I just posted my last post while you were responding. I would add at this point that my advice still stands...go to AC and see what they will do. Their bad choice in authorized dealerships does not warrant your situation. Their duty in the name of good customer service is to extend your warranty IMO.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I understand about working on things your self, but this is why I have a warrenty, When the warrenty is out I will fix everything myself. If I have something wrong with my bike then I expect them to get it fixed that is what a warrenty is for. Plus I didn't want them to have the excuse that I voided my warrenty by working on it. Weather it does or not. This place would play that card.

I'm the kind of person that will take vehicals apart all the time, heck I have a bronco II that i'm having to replace both fuel pumps....anyway...

I have the warrenty and something little like changing oil, i'll do my self. But i'm a busy man, and If they can do it and it under warrenty then let them do it. If I didn't want a warrenty then I would not have paid for it.

BTW, if something was to break and it was underwarrenty, how do you get the free parts??? the dealer won't give them to ya????

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Depends on the dealer. 99% of them won't give you the parts, but someone like Garyb who lives in a remote area (Alaska) which doesn't have dealerships every 10 miles like us continentals do...well, people up there tend to have a different set of rules to live by. It's a different life up there. that said, dealerships up there would likely be the ones that accomodate their clients differently than dealers down here, and to be honest, I don't blame them at all. If I got a free part and installed it incorrectly and juked something up, then the dealer is on the hook for it. You have to know your customer to do that kind of stuff.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts