Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHAT I AM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT IS THERE A WAY TO MESURE OR SOME RULE OF THUMB WHEN GETTING A DRIVE BELT YOU NEED. I HAVE BEEN TO BROWN'S LEISURE WORLD ORDERD A BELT FOR MY 1981 PANTERA 500CC F/C SUSUKI MOTOR. THE BELT THAT I WAS SUPPOSED TO USE WAS 46 5/8 AND WENT RIGHT ON AND LAYED ON THE BELLY. I THEN TRYED A SMALLER ONE THEN AGAIN AND AGAIN DOWN TO A 33IN.I CANT FIGURE OUT WHAT IS DIFFERENT ABOUT MY SLED THEN WHAT IS REALLY SUPPOSED TO BE THERE. PLEASE HELP ANY INPUT WOULD BE HELFUL I AM NEW AT THIS AND STILL LEARNING IT SNOWING AND I HAVE HER RUNNING GOOD NOW AND JUST CANT GET HER TO GO.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Look in your service manual. And total off topic here but get rid of caps. Every post you made was in caps I dunno makes it feel like I am reading about someone screaming onto the keyboard.

·
Registered
8 Posts
hp3012 is the belt it calls for. look up mfgsupply.com put your info in and get the details. this use to be central snomobile salvage. if you order a catalog it will have belt dimensions and you can shorten lenthen or widen the belt to what you desire from your stock belt.

jim

·
Registered
76 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (batabadini @ Feb 12 2007, 12:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
WHAT I AM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT IS THERE A WAY TO MESURE OR SOME RULE OF THUMB WHEN GETTING A DRIVE BELT YOU NEED. I HAVE BEEN TO BROWN'S LEISURE WORLD ORDERD A BELT FOR MY 1981 PANTERA 500CC F/C SUSUKI MOTOR. THE BELT THAT I WAS SUPPOSED TO USE WAS 46 5/8 AND WENT RIGHT ON AND LAYED ON THE BELLY. I THEN TRYED A SMALLER ONE THEN AGAIN AND AGAIN DOWN TO A 33IN.I CANT FIGURE OUT WHAT IS DIFFERENT ABOUT MY SLED THEN WHAT IS REALLY SUPPOSED TO BE THERE. PLEASE HELP ANY INPUT WOULD BE HELFUL I AM NEW AT THIS AND STILL LEARNING IT SNOWING AND I HAVE HER RUNNING GOOD NOW AND JUST CANT GET HER TO GO.[/b]
you say the belt thats supposed to go on it is way too long? is it possible that your secondary clutch is stuck wide open so when you put the belt on it just drops to the bottom of the clutch?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.