Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I am not going to Texas this Winter so started my sled a few times then
tried yesterday and would not start. I have not used over 1/2 tank in 5 years. Smells
like turpentine So have siphoned the gas out. Somenone recommebded to replace it with
Premium that does not contain Ethanol to get it going
I was thinking about drying the plugs was told they are under the gas tank and poor desing by AC
takes hours to get at them.
Also how would I eliminate the gas from carbutetion.
Hope I supplied all info that I know. Do not hesitate with any other questions.

As it is not mobile I cannot get it to a shop. Thanks guys appreciate any help you can give me
Sammy

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
Never use ethanol fuel especially the use you are getting on your sled. You also need to add fuel stabilizer to your fuel left in the tank for summer storage. Bearcats in these years don't list a model with turbo. For the fuel there is still quite a bit in the lines from tank and in the fuel rail on throttle bodies. You need to get that out of there by removing fuel line on the fuel rail. There's a good chance your injectors may be gummed up. See about getting some Seafoam in the fuel rail before
re-attaching fuel line.
Here's a link to a service manual

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You 660 catman. as a matter of interest before this I had a bearcat 660 excellent sled only issue was
it blew fuses for the fuel pump. Previous had Panteras.Great and easy to work on as you can see I am really
having difficulty working on the 4 stroke.
I will try and track down the fuel rail , or can you give me a bit of an idea where to locate it. Everything is so
tight under the hood as you know. Trying to get this done before Snow flies, started last nite. lol
Really appreciate your help with this.
cheers Sammy

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
Makes you wish you kept the Bearcat 660! I have a T660 and have only had one issue with fuel pump relay freezing since owning it from new.
My 16 Bearcat is a 570 fan. Way easier to work on.

The link to a service manual is your bible to repairs. Some areas can be vague, hopefully not the area you need

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, yes that 660 was incredibly great on gas ran it forever before i gassed up. Just kept a supply of fuses
new exactly what to do and bingo off again. and it was a 2003 and at that time ACat did not have a solution.
My 2 hunting ,fishing , trapping buddies switched to Scandic 900cc. But I am such a Cat man. lol
. not sh
May wonder why i upgraded, mainly for the fuse issue and haul large fiberglass sleighs on Lake fhru slush, high ridges
etc. in northern manitoba and these machines are awesome.not short on power.
Regards
Sammy will use your tip and get a service manual, as you know the one that comes with it is very vague
and no schematics. Was there a cost for this manual?
Thanks Bud,
Sammy

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
No cost as it's a free download. Before I bought my T660, I was so close to getting the 2006 Bearcat 660 Widetrack Turbo. Same price as the T660 TT. I looked for one before I bought my 2016 BC 570 but could never find one reasonably close by. What part of Northern Manitoba? I'm always in the Flin Flon area with friends up there.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi;

I am from Pinawa, but we have a RTL 350 sq. kms up in Nopiming Park. Just south of Bissett. We were able to get a permit for 2 log trapping cabins. My buddy had a Bearcat 570 absolutely no issues. 2 of us had the 660s,, issues...as I mentioned. I believe that corrected probably why you are just fine.
Appreciate your info,
Cheers Sammy

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No cost as it's a free download. Before I bought my T660, I was so close to getting the 2006 Bearcat 660 Widetrack Turbo. Same price as the T660 TT. I looked for one before I bought my 2016 BC 570 but could never find one reasonably close by. What part of Northern Manitoba? I'm always in the Flin Flon area with friends up there.
As I mentioned from Pinawa eastern Man. as you may know but go more northerley to south of Bissett.

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
I’ve been winter camping up that way. From Wallace, Siderock, Obukowin, Carroll and into Craven Lake. 5 nights, 6 days. Excellent ice fishing!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Way to go great life. We did quite a bit of sidewall prospector tent camping before we got a line cabin and love it
especially the pot belly metal wood stove .
Just out working on sno mo going to pick up some sea foam and fresh gas. fingers crossed.
Cheers

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Way to go great life. We did quite a bit of sidewall prospector tent camping before we got a line cabin and love it
especially the pot belly metal wood stove .
Just out working on sno mo going to pick up some sea foam and fresh gas. fingers crossed.
Cheers
looking forward to ice fishing need more ice here. Trapping at present.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi 660; Just a short note to let you know I had success with the Bearcat. Siphoned the tank and placed Premium ga s and a container of Sea Foam. waited 24 hrs. Turned over many times did not start. So of course with EFI you do
not touch the throttle til it fires. Ready to do some more thinking, but thought cannot now go wrong touched the throttle
slightly twice and it fired right up. Took it for a short ride a bit running rough for a couple hundred yards. Gave ot a bit
more throttle it appeared to clear it throat and ran super smooth.
Hope this experience may save someone a lot of think time and try the same as you cannot go wrong.

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
Good to hear!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts