Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
never really check them out till the other night. so when checked it said max 4900. so i checked my book and it says when you turn the motor off the max rpm will clear. well it didnt. is there anythign i should be doing different?

·
Registered
370 Posts
How do you check your max rpms. I wasn't aware of it. I never got an owners manual with my sled.

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
Have your RPM's displayed on the digital display and hold the top button for about 3 or 4 seconds. It will display your max RPM's. As far as clearing goes, I thought it cleared after powering the sled off too? I dunno

·
Premium Member
1,024 Posts
Should be able to clear it by hitting the Top button and displaying the max rpms and then holding it and pressing the bottom button till it clears. Mine does.

Steve

·
Registered
58 Posts
So I'm not alone! Mine says 4850 all the time, no matter what. I never tried resetting it; why bother with something that isn't working right to begin with.

I've watched my tach quite a bit to dial in the clutching, so I know I'm turning more than 4850. badcomputer bsflag badcomputer

·
Registered
19 Posts
Here is what I read a few months ago on how to reset your RPMS..have not tried it yet, but here it goes.

1)speedometer has to be in km
2)push button until you bring up "max" RPMS
3)Push and hold both buttons until you see your current RPMS
4)this has to be done before each test ride or it will hold your previous readings

Hope it works.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Mine holds the max rpm too, i just hit some buttons and it went away. Bring up the max rpm and then hold the bottom button till it goes away. I dont know why the speedo has to be in km. Mine is in mph and it clears.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I tried resetting the MAX RPMS as I mentioned in my previous post. It appears (at least on my sled) that I can only reset the RPMS when the speedometer is in KM. No idea why, but it works!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Same here. Only in KM mode, push and hold the top for the reading, and hold the bottom button to reset if you dont shut down between pulls. Good stuff!
Brian

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah mine worked as well, then left it in km's looked down and it thru me for a loop thought i was going alot faster then i really was. haha.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts