Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys Have been having a hard time with my sled this year planning out
in the air. We are jumping a 8 to 10 ft snow jump to a powder we are
going in the range of 5ft to 12ft above my sled just flys straight up and down
in the air the nose is pointing to the moon and due not want to buy any more
boggy wheels because langing on them my buddys ski doo is so much
easier to plan out I almost flip backwards once I use the brake hard but still no
go we are realy hitting this thing and the brake is doing nothing but throttle in the
air makes it worse please help asap we are going out agian to give it another try
thanks

·
Registered
370 Posts
When you hit the jump and come off it you need to be leaning more forward. You should be nose high but not straight up and down. When you are in the air you need to play with the brake to bring the nose down. Throttle in the air brings your nose up. Are you sure you are not still on the throttle while you are in the air. Once you realeas off the jump you should be off the throttle(unless you want the nose to come up). Hope this makes sense.

·
Registered
22 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hotshoe14 @ Feb 6 2007, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hey guys Have been having a hard time with my sled this year planning out
in the air. We are jumping a 8 to 10 ft snow jump to a powder we are
going in the range of 5ft to 12ft above my sled just flys straight up and down
in the air the nose is pointing to the moon and due not want to buy any more
boggy wheels because langing on them my buddys ski doo is so much
easier to plan out I almost flip backwards once I use the brake hard but still no
go we are realy hitting this thing and the brake is doing nothing but throttle in the
air makes it worse please help asap we are going out agian to give it another try
thanks
[/b]
Uhh....I think I understood most of that.

But yeah what he said....

·
Registered
159 Posts
What I do, is right before the jump, about 3-4 feet, let off the throttle and you should plane out. You should be moving along at a pretty good pace so that 3-4 feet is only a split second. After that you should be able to use the throttle and brake to help even the sled out. What you are doing by letting off before the jump is transfering some of the weight to the ski's making it jump more evenly. Hope this helps.

P.S. I am NOT a professional, .................But I did sleep at a Super 8 last night! slaphappy

·
Registered
0 Posts
Sounds like your jump is way to steep. Take out your swaybar. It takes off the jump much more level than qith the sway bar if the lip is kinda 'off'. Takin it out also keeps the front end down and saves a good 3lbs. Ive took out my sway bar and have 2 stay on the gas 2 keep the nose from diving, but the jumps i hit launch me an easy 20-25 feet so ive got more time 2 level out.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Actually it doesnt matter really what angle the jump is at. Unless its straight up and down thats where its hard too do. I know a lot about controlling stuff in the air because i race rc monster trucks. (GAS/Nitro). If it is a steep jump you have to hit the brakes to bring the nose down. Most cases you will only correct to big of a downward adjustment with the gas since jumps are already angled up.

Now, dont let off all the way before jump. You want to have the track at the same speed as when you go off the jump as when your in the air. That way you can make an adjustment. So keep it at the same speed then if your nose is too high the track is spinning and it will have the force to stop the track and put the nose down.

Sorry its so long, it takes a while to explain!

·
Registered
65 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (03f5snopro @ Feb 7 2007, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ive took out my sway bar and have 2 stay on the gas 2 keep the nose from diving, but the jumps i hit launch me an easy 20-25 feet so ive got more time 2 level out.[/b]
slaphappy i like it when kids say....oh man yeah i got 20 ft high on that one....when in reality its like 8 tops.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hey Sabecat, What kind of truck you got?

·
Registered
370 Posts
I hear ya, when I raced snocross an average double was 60 feet long. That was the easy ones. It gets tough when you go for the 100 foot triples. I had a lot of buddies say they could jump farther and higher than anyone, until they actually went to a race and saw how it was done. The worst conditions and highest jumps on the trail don't even compare to a race track. It's a blast, but beats the hell out of ya.

·
Registered
0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (catman416 @ Feb 8 2007, 11:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (03f5snopro @ Feb 7 2007, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ive took out my sway bar and have 2 stay on the gas 2 keep the nose from diving, but the jumps i hit launch me an easy 20-25 feet so ive got more time 2 level out.[/b]
slaphappy i like it when kids say....oh man yeah i got 20 ft high on that one....when in reality its like 8 tops.
[/b][/quote]

I meant 20 feet long, not high. on the pics ive seen of me im only gettin 5 or 6 feet high. Im not an idoit. If anybody landed a 25ft to flat they would have big issue with their running boards bending or sumthng.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I figured that is what you meant. Sorry if I offended you, I didn't mean to. I can relate to what he said and I thought it was funny. Sorry dude.

·
Registered
0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoman820 @ Feb 9 2007, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I figured that is what you meant. Sorry if I offended you, I didn't mean to. I can relate to what he said and I thought it was funny. Sorry dude.[/b]
K, its cool. Heres a pic of the jump. Its not the best ive done off this jumps but it shows i can get at keast 15ft off of it. :thumbsup:
[attachment=63189:p1010245.JPG]
Bauers Dam
[attachment=63190:p1010246.JPG]
[attachment=63191:p1010247.JPG]

Did those work??

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts