Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Arctic Cat Alterra 550 XT
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How reliable is your Arctic cat? Have you had any issues? Is it an ATV you can rely on to get you there and back every day?

In this video I tell how I swamped my Alterra the first day, what caused it, and if you are looking at getting one should you get an Arctic Cat?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Mine is a 2002. Just gas, oil changes and a few Batteries. I would say bullet proof. Looking at upgrading to the new 600 Alterra though. Will have to see on the payments with a new sled on the way as well. 600 RR!

·
Administrator
40,366 Posts
2013 700trv.
When I first bought it the 4x4 actuator broke. I did a write up in the pinned section.
Other than that , normal wear and tear items like brake pads and a u-joint.
Dead reliable !!

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
2008 AC 700 Superduty Diesel = other than getting water in the diesel once (it froze up the fuel filter) a torn cv boot and a couple bushings in 3,000 miles, it's been great. 2014 700 TRV, 3,000 miles as well, a couple bushings and 3 batteries, same reliability. Previous 500 and a 400 were equally reliable.

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
2020 Alterra TRV 700. Purchased 3/20. It has 2,475 miles on it and so far I haven't done a thing to it other than change oil and gear lube. Original belt. Gas & Go!

I ride from my door and generally put on 2000-2500 miles per year trail riding with regular 50-100 mile days. So far the reliability and durability have been good. Frankly, all of them now are pretty damn reliable.

Unfortunately, out of all of the ATV's I've owned, this is probably one of the more uncomfortable ATV's that I've been on......

·
Registered
12,624 Posts
I have a 2003 400 FIS. Brake pads, bearings and ball joints. At just over 3k miles I had to change cam and both rockers with the exhaust rocker worn pretty good for some reason.

Also have an 05 300 and all I’ve done is the control arm bushings and ball joints. Don’t know why these bushings wore out yet the 400’s are still perfect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts