Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:beer_cheers: Just wondering if anybody out there knows approximately how much it would cost to buy new plastic for my 700. I have the LE. I like the orange but the paint doesn't stand up that well to abuse and I would like to go to camoflauge.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
my guess including stickers will be around 600 to 700

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
i know the fenders on the 400's are roughly $300 each or somewhere close to that i forget what i payed for my rear.but i would assume pretty expensive. check out browns leisure world. i dont have the web address i believe you just add a .com theyll have pricing for everything.or alpha sports center thell have it too. alpha is in limington maine thats were i bought my rear fender. browns is in canada so i guess it depends what your closer too

·
Registered
434 Posts
Check with your dealer if he is a good one he would check salvage at Thief river for you,you can sometimes get things very reasonaBLE but alot of dealers do not like to do that because they feel you are taking away one of their money makers,if he would sell to you at cost plus shipping.I know several guys that have done this

·
Registered
64 Posts
I would take it to the dealer and warranty it. My friend just did. A small spot blistered and they got him new front and rear so they match.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I priced out the camo (front, rear and pod) about three months ago and I think it was around $1000 for all. I really want camo, but man, the camo is more than the standard colors. Maybe you can convince them to warranty the orange and install the camo instead. Never heard of the salvage at the plant, that is interesting. Do they sell more than just plastic body panels? Hmmmmm???

·
Registered
434 Posts
Yes they sell just about anything on the quad if they have it of course.Like I said you have to have a dealer that is willing to do the leg work for you.Some dealers wont even talk about this because they can make alot of money off of this stuff.If you know where it came from then you know they didnt have to give near cost.Thats where parts come from that they used to rebuild alot of those v2 motors when guys were burnin them down when they first came out or sucking in a little to much water.

·
Premium Member
4,622 Posts
:yo_sup: Hey dude I talked to my dealer about switching my H1 to kitty green and he said it would probably be around $300 bucks for the whole thing my2cents Dog

·
Registered
332 Posts
I just got new rear fenders for $173 to the door , and priced out fronts @ $190

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
vt where did you get the plastics for so cheap

·
Registered
332 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
thanks vt i cant believe the price difference i got screwed. alpha sports want $232 for the front fender and babbits was soo much cheaper thanks again vt ive been considering a color change also its a bit more possible now. oh and michman forget what i told you.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Dogs deal sounds a little better.Everything for 300.The fronts will end up being a little more Vt.Im not trying to step on your toes just my observation.

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
Are camo plastics available and if so, are they more expensive?

You can only get the 400 and 700 in camo right? Would the plastic from either fit the 500?

·
Registered
434 Posts
the only ones that the plastics wont fit i believe is the 250 and of course the dvx.other than that i am almost positive they are inter changable except maybe the pods

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for your help guys.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts