Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K. guys, when I first bought my 06 500 auto I specifically remember the mechanic saying the 500 took 2500 ml of oil which is 2.5L of oil if I am not mistakin , this was stated during the walk around the bike when I showed up to take delivery, I even remembered him showing me the 2500 cast into the block of the 500 suzi engine.Now him showing me this gave me no reason to doubt what he was explaining as I was sure this was a fact he knew from being a cat mechanic.Just did my first oil change and filter change, after adding 2 and one half bottles of oil (1 liter containers) and checking the level it seemed fine. .Only after I took a short 20 minute ride did I notice the oil level was bearly showing on the dip stick.What's the skinny on the correct amount of oil the 500 takes with a filter change.Now I am a little concerned :angry: I dunno after riding the new cat with a short showing on the dip stick.Any thoughts guys?

Autocat :beer_cheers:

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
The same thing happened to me when you go to add oil add 2.6 quarts start it up and rev it a little let it idle for a while, move it forward and backward slightly, then shut it off let it set for about 10 minutes then check it. Add accordingly

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
If the engine shows 2500 ml. then that's all you need to know. With a fresh fill and given sufficient time for the oil to accumulate in the oil sump take a reading on the dipstick. Make sure it's on a level surface. The oil level measured on the dipstick will be your reference for proper oil requirement for the engine. Do not overfill your engine.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Mine takes 3.25 quarts to fill it full after running a little to get it all where it is needed inside and checking again. I know there is almost a quart left in a gallon jug after it is full

1 - 5 of 5 Posts