Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i was just wondering how many toys you think is to many, and how many u guys have, i have an 2007 arctica cat 400 trv, 2000 honda 400ex, 98 bayou 300 4x4, 2000 kawi ZX6r, 95 cbr 600 f3, and a dual sport bike, alot of people say that i have to many and i do agree that it is a pain in the a** and very expensive to keep them all going. even with me and my beatufulll wife working they take all of our money. Do u guys think i should downsize or do most of u have just as many.

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
As long as you can afford it, there is no such thing as to many.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
No such thing as too many. He who dies with the most, wins. :yo_sup:

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I got 2 07 t660turbo trail 2 up sleds 2 05 650 v2 atvs and a 08 thundercat atv Also have a 2000 westernstar tractor /log trailer 2006 westernstar loader truck, a 2005 2500 hd gmc crewcab pickup with a new 8,5ft fisherextreme v plow,a 6x10ft sno pro ice shack , a carri lite 30ft 5th wheel camper and the list go'es on:lol:

·
Premium Member
4,517 Posts
Way to many, you should give a few of them to me. I have room! :D

If the toys are the reason you have no play/fun money then yes you have more than you can really afford. Have a few less toys and ride more!

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
With the exception of toilet paper, toothpaste, most clothes and food, nearly everything I buy, use and have is a toy or considered a toy by some, or fun to play with and use, TV, Stereo, PC, Tools, Guns, Fishing equipment, Camping equipment, Canoe, Bike, ATV, and lots of stuff I left out, Girlfriend too, but don;t tell her that. And I still find the need to obtain more it seems. Never Ends, I think I've Destroyed, Broken, Sold and Lost as many toys as I have a couple times over.

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
Never to many :lol:

but somtimes i think if i sold one i would have more money to spend on the other ones...lol

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
hmmmmm, lets see; my harley, the wife's harley, her 400, my 700, couple or so handguns, 3 rifles, 3 shotguns (with ammo for all) call before you come by at night, camper, the "beater" '96 kodiak, and the massey 1528 (maybe thats not a toy?). main thing is having priorities in order, and having it all paid for :D !

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Thats why i have 2 garages! :lol:

·
Registered
102 Posts
07 650 h1, 07 400ex, 07 honda ss motorcycle, boat, truck , car, jeep, tractor, hunting, fishing, Now that my hours got cut I have too much. It takes alot of time, money, and energy to keep them all going. I am currently trying to sell the 400ex and the motorcycle. One thing I know is that the 650h1 will NEVER go.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
1968 F-250, 1992 Mercury grand Marquis converted to the police package, 2009 Thundercat 1000, 1997 454 2x4, 1996 440 Z,1996 ZRT 600, 1997 Thundercat 900, 1998 ZR 440, two old cheetahs forget the year off the top of my head, 1980 scorpion Whip TK, couple of old kawasaki parts sleds one invader the other intruder, 1997 ZR 580 parts chassis, My pos 1995 Geo Metro winter beater, 1992 Saturn SL1 beater car, replacement for Geo. I have a few other parts sleds, my own snowmobile/atv parts warehouse up stairs in the pole barn, oh the 2000 500 4x4 automatic parts quad. Thats what I can list off the top of my head, every time I go out to the pole barn and behind the pole barn I find more stuff I forgot about that I need to get rid of.

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
You can never have to much as long as you can afford it, my wife yells at me all the time. I only have an 06 AC 700EFI,07 AC 700EFI,07 AC 500auto,07 & 09 Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic, 07 Sportster (hers but I paid for it) a new 30ft Bayliner boat, a 08 Silverado 6.0 Vortec Max 1500.01 Silverado 1500,05 Silverado 2500,09 Cobalt, 2001 ZR2 Blazer with 6in Superlift. Lots of guns, lots of tools. Looking into gettins a new Camaro, and a new T-Cat when all the bugs are out...It's good to have toys, as long as you can afford it you should have whatever you want.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You gotta pay to play. I got 2 Harleys, a 2000 Ultra Classic and a 95 FXDS, a Yamaha Virago for the ol lady, 2 project bikes, 09 M1000, 05 600 Saber cat, 94 Summit, 06 H1 650 4x4, a 185 Honda and 125 Yamaha 3-wheeler and a lifted 81 chevy. Oh, and can't for get the guns and Bose sound system. My everyday drivers are what take the money. We're guys, gotta have em. Toys are cheaper than woman (your wife will hate that comment) but it's true. You might want to consider looking for a better paying job. Life is good when you can have your toys and still afford to use them.

·
Administrator
7,594 Posts
I have 7 Arctic Cats
4 snowmobiles and 3 ATV's
2 boats
a 1978 Pontiac Trans Am
2009 Silverado
2009 Malibu
2001 Malibu
and a big barn to keep them in.

almost forgot, a 1958 Ford tractor (restored)
I wanted to sell the the bigger of the 2 boats but the wifey said nope.

I got too much stuff, time to sell some of it.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Here's my take on "stuff". You can't take it with you, so you should enjoy life while you're here. Now, toys and such can help with your enjoyment...then again, too much can actually take away enjoyment (insurance, repairs, storage, etc...). It's something you have to decide for yourself man, as everyone is different. I have a buddy who has 4 or 5 Cat wheelers. One for him, one for his wife, and the rest for friends and such to use. Well, he's gone over that peak I mentioned. He's tired of spending time and money in fixing quads that others use and all that kind of stuff. He's thinking of selling some of them.

I look at it like salt on food. It adds flavor and makes a meal taste a lot better. However, if you use too much salt then it distracts from the true flavor you're trying to taste, and can ruin a good meal. You gotta just find that balance man. Remember, the meal (life) is what you're there to enjoy...not the salt.

Remember, stuff is just that....stuff. Life should never be traded for stuff, and if your quality of life is taking a backseat due to the amount of stuff you have, then I think you answered your own question. If not, then game on!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts