Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found and 2000 zr 700 for a project sled it needs clutch work and a new crank, other then that he said she is in good shape, how much do u think i should offer him????

·
Registered
710 Posts
finding a crank might be tough but depending on how it looks motor and condition wise i would say 500 or so. i bought my 98 zr6 for 500 with a junk crank and i got a full suit and helmet with it. i ended up buying a case too but that was my choice. my crank ran me 275 so i dont have much in it at all. if the crank and clutch was the only thing damaged i would probably snatch it up if it was me.

·
Registered
710 Posts
i bought mine used off ebay and the guy had it trued and welded and he replaced the bearings if needed. if you can get a crank somewhat cheap you can send it to northercrank and they will true and weld it so its within specs. i'm guessing that price is brand new. i'm not sure on the 2000 but i know that the 500cc cranks would swap out with the 600cc cranks like the 800cranks do with the 900. so if one of them swap out i'd look for one. the price for my crank brand new was like 1100 bucks.

·
Registered
889 Posts
The seller of that sled sent me a message a while back on our local forum and asked me to make an offer...

I wrote him back and told him a friend of mine sold a 99 ZR 700 that only needed a hood and windshield, for $1000 ono... and a 99 ZL 600 EFI that only needed a crank sold here for $600 this year.

I requested he tell me what he expected to get for it, and he didn't reply so I toke it as he figured I wouldn't pay the price he had in mind.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts