Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much of an inch difference do you normally have between front/rear mounting holes of the skid vs the tunnel? Mine is btwn a quarter and half an inch. We're supposed to have as little as possible, right?

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
I have had to compress with a ratchet strap approx. 2 or maybe 3 inches. Not sure, never measured it.
The way I do it is when the skid is out I measure the tunnel holes and compress skid to that dimension with a ratchet strap and install the front then the back, remove ratchets strap, start engine and revolve the track a few turns to center the wheels in the drive nubs on the inside of the track and then run the track again a few complete turns to check for equal clearance on the nubs. You'd be surprised how many times they will touch are scrape. This not only will rob horse power, it will shread the wheels over time and take out the nubs, and it hard on the bearings in the wheels.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Jim, I think that the C to C dist. is 23.75" but when you remove the skid frame that dist. goes to around 24.50". So when you try to install the S/F the rear holes will not line up. Just move the over center brace forward one hole and this will let the rear arm move forward and then all you will have to do is tap the rear arm forward to line up the holes. Then just move the over center brace back one hole.

Auggie

·
Registered
3,904 Posts

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
I said about 2-3 inches but the more I think about it, it seems it was around and inch or less. So sounds like your on track then.

·
Banned
1,274 Posts
I release my front limit straps and it allows the rails and front scissor to move around enough for effortless rear bolt installation. For me anyway... never have to undo springs or any of that shizz. Skid out and in by myself layin on the ground

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.