Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 91 ext 530 with about 6500 miles. How many miles will these go?? It has 130 psi in both cylinders. Using a mac tool compression tester without holding the throttle open. Runs good and hard. I know I should probably do a top end. But on the other side run great, good compression, starts on 2 pulls, idles good.

So I guess I am asking how many miles have you guys put on a 530??
Do you guys think I should do a top end??

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
WOW, that sounds good! I would just keep doing whatever it is that you're doing and run it the way it is. I would however keep listening for any changes in how it runs. You may want to rebuild your primary clutch if it hasn't recently been done.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
both clutches where rebuilt about 500 miles ago. I bought it with 4800 miles and the guy keep saying its never had a top end as far as he knew. It is a pretty clean sled. Since I have had it gets that citgo sea and snow oil. Then clean the carbs every season. Thats all I do. Unless something breaks.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I have a 91 EXT 530, did a top end on it this fall with 11,000 miles on it,she was starting to get tired. Sled runs well,also has Boyson reeds in it as had a stock one crack. 11,800 miles on it now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts