Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many miles on your firecat without a rebuild? Just wondering what peolple are running them up to before a rebuild....mine is getting up there and just wondering if its time to rebuild or not!!

·
Team ArcticChat
6,971 Posts
6k when I sold mine.. Guy who bought it popped the top and said cylinders were still cross hatched. Compression was good. All depends how you take care of it.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Never had a Firecat, but put over 10,000 miles on two Cat two strokes without ever any engine problems. If it still has good compression and is running well, leave it alone.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
My F6 has over 7200 on it still strong as ever. No intentions of touching it. Very common to see these go 10K plus without a hitch.

Makes me curious what the highest mileage sled is out there?

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
there are a cupple of guys i think have close to 20,00 miles on them . i think cat says every 5000 mile your supposto do a top end.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Beware of the wiseco and spi!! Jmho!! Will run into longevity problems! Nothing beats stock oem replacement unless anybody has some high milage spi or wisecos? Over 3000 miles anyways!

·
Registered
607 Posts
there are a cupple of guys i think have close to 20,00 miles on them . i think cat says every 5000 mile your supposto do a top end.
Maybe Cat claims that for the Firecat engines, but I never saw that on any other Cat manual. 5000 miles would mean some people would have to do a topend every year up here.

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
i can agree with this but the avrage person will not put on 5000 miles a year hell you would be very lucky to get 2500-3000 miles i avrage 2500 miles and a high of 3500 the 3500 i did once in a year many years a go this year im going to be lucky if i get 1000 miles im sitting at 650 right know .

·
Registered
320 Posts
I got 5500 miles on mine now...didnt change the plugs until last summer; and only because i had the exhaust off and figured, why not? I average 1000 miles per season and the trails are right in my back yard...i go fishing every weekend and go for rides sometimes after work....to be able to put 5k miles on in one season is just insane...lol Thats A LOT of ridding! heck it would cost at least 2500 just in gas...not to mention good synthetic 2 stroke oil which our sleds LOVE....plus meals....lol if i was rich and didnt have to work, i think 5K miles in one season would be reachable....sadly, i have not won the lottery yet...hopefully soon

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Me three.....

However, I found I can save money by not actually buying the lottery tickets. I figure that's only going to reduce my chances of winning it by just a little bit more anyway. ;)

·
Registered
320 Posts
LOL good point 68ragtop....

Nightfire: how was it your fault? forgot about the oil jug?

Muckers: was it just a tired worn out motor that finally let go or did something fail?

·
Registered
325 Posts
5300 on mine now, still 130 in compression and thing still looks new inside when looking through the y pipe so im not worried yet lol

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
6500 miles on my wifes 06 F6R all is good still pulling hard

·
Registered
25 Posts
10,000 on my 06 when I traded it. I bought it in 08 with almost 6500 miles. I put the rest of the miles on it in about 3 weeks. It still hauled ass

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 20 of 23 Posts